Notary Rotary
Juret FEDEX/UPS
Notary Discussion History

Juret FEDEX/UPS
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Danny_FL on 11/3/05 8:45pm
Msg #74116

Juret FEDEX/UPS

I have a question that I have been considering on the issues of TC, LO, SS, or whoever states that the notary is the first to blame if a page or pages are missing on FEDEX/UPS returned docs.

Its this, can an SA have the borrower place the completed signed documents into a fedex/ups shipping envelope, then seal it. Juret borrower on the contents that x number of pages for the <insert name> package was sealed by the borrower?

Not sure if this is doable, or I'm just being anal about the situation.

Thoughts?

Danny

Reply by PJM/MI on 11/4/05 5:51am
Msg #74159

Good question but.... what if you've got a set of docs that need faxed back? You certainly don't want to have bo follow you to your office and then seal the docs, nor do you want to drive back to the bo to have 'em seal it.
I had a situation where the ss called me and told me there were docs missing in the package, then call me back and tell me they found them.
Gotta take the good with the bad.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 11/4/05 6:26am
Msg #74169

Definitely agree with PJM on taking the good with the bad. I think reading about a pkg mishap here on the board every now and again creates a false impression that these things happen more often than they really do. I have yet to have any kind of shipping/delivery issue whatsoever. HOWEVER, from my past life on the 'inside', I've had every kind of imaginable issue - and I've learned this much: It doesn't much matter what you do or how you do it, things can go wrong regardless. Control what you can, roll with what you can't, be precise and diligent, and no matter what does happen, remember - it can ALWAYS be worse!

Reply by Danny_FL on 11/4/05 6:45am
Msg #74174

Aye, was one of those brainstorms and anything I can do on my end to reduce the potential amount horse doo-doo that can roll back my way can be worth a little effort on my part.

Danny

Reply by Angelic Morales on 11/4/05 9:42am
Msg #74200

I do sort of the same thing. I havea mobile office in my van. So I copy the fax pages i seal it infront of the borrower. I also have a statement that I have all borrowers sign after the deal. Saying that I am an independent notary and that I am here for them. It helps to have a file for each borrower.

in all ways..

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/4/05 11:28am
Msg #74284

In the case of edocs don't delete them until you've been paid. If you are accused of being at fault for a page missing then you can refer to the package to see if the doc was in it in the first place.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.