Notary Rotary
LSI VENT!!!!
Notary Discussion History

LSI VENT!!!!
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Dee_RI on 11/3/05 6:17pm
Msg #74062

LSI VENT!!!!

I am so flabbergasted by this, I just had to post. Please let me know what you think of the following situation (good or bad).

I completed a Countrywide for LSI this past weekend. E-docs, fee met no problem. Today I get a call from the file handler who proceeds to state that I overlooked some very basic documents (W-9, etc...) and that the funder claims "half the package is missing". Half of a total of 48 pages hmmmm. anyway.....the saga continues...

I told him that I sent back whatever they sent me. Having said that, the file handler said he would look into it. I get an email - not even a phone call - here is the content of that e-mail:

"...In reference to the conversation that I had with you earlier on this file, I followed up with the funder, and investigated the condition of the original documents as they were sent to you. As far as I was able to tell, and as far as the funder could see, the documents in question were included in the original package that was downloaded and printed by you. As those documents did not make it back to us, the only assumption that the funder can make at this point was that they were overlooked by you when the signing was done. Unfortunately, at this point, I don’t have any evidence to the contrary, and I will be unable to pay you for getting the documents completed, unless you have some information showing that these documents were not in the original package. Sorry about the inconvenience and I wish there was more I could do about the situation, but my hand is forced somewhat by policy..."

The moral of the story....it's always the notary's fault. I know that they were signed and returned. If I overlooked them, I would be the first to admit it. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. What I have a problem with being called a liar. I didn't call the funder a liar, I just pointed out that they may have been lost on that end. Why is it my fault? Could the funder have misplaced the docs? Could an overzealous "envelope-opener" leave some docs in the envelope? Did the paper clip come off or were the docs dropped and the funder is too lazy to pick them up? Who knows? I guess we'll never know.

I am a moral person and out of respect for the borrower I will meet with her and have her sign the docs. Lucky for me, she lives about 3 miles from me. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say about the docs. I'll be sure to ask her if she remembers signing them. I'm sure she will.

And this is not the first time LSI has tried to burn me....they short paid an invoice - there was a first and a second and I was paid for only the first (e-docs no less!). It took several phone calls to get it straightened out.

Like the old saying goes "Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice shame on me" so...shame on me!

Thanks for listening. It will be interesting to hear the forum's take on this situation.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/3/05 6:24pm
Msg #74065

That seems so not right. I know probably a stupid question and will probably get blasted for it but do you still have the file that you printed the docs from?

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/3/05 6:28pm
Msg #74067

That's what I was thinking. If you haven't deleted the file, look and see if the docs in question were sent or not sent in that email.

Reply by Dee_RI on 11/3/05 6:51pm
Msg #74077

Yes, I did keep the file and the documents in question are there....so I know that they were printed out, signed and returned....I would have had to been in a coma to miss any docs!

I received a reply form the e-mail I sent in response to LSI's original response. Here it is:

".....First of all, please understand that my sympathies are with you in this matter. If it was up to me, I would pay you for the second signing, no questions asked. I’d also never presume to call you a liar, even if I believed you were mistaken. Unfortunately, when it comes to matters of company policy, a lot of the control over the situation leaves my hands.

There is a possibility that the documents came to us here at LSI, and were then separated before they went to Countrywide. I haven’t discounted that possibility, and I am looking in to it. I don’t mean to suggest that this is unquestionably your fault, but I was obligated to make you aware of the situation as it stood at the time. So far, what I know is that a complete package was sent out to you, and an incomplete package was returned to Countrywide. I’m not saying that’s my final conclusion, and I apologize if I made it sound that way. I’m still following up on this, and looking in to other possibilities as to what could have happened.

As for the resigned documents, please go ahead and Fed-Ex them to us on our account. I’ll be copying my supervisor in to this email, and hopefull we’ll be able to come to some resolution on the issue....."

We'll see what happens.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/3/05 6:52pm
Msg #74078

Well hopefully they find those docs and pay you your money. Good Luck with them.

Reply by Joan Murad EA on 11/3/05 6:27pm
Msg #74066

Another SA

I had one tell me the same thing. When I got back to the borrower he said "We signed these before" so what happened when my package was opened. In this case He was a lawyer over seeing his father's signature. He looked at EVERY page that we signed. I told them exactly what my borrowers said. I was paid in full but not any extra for my time.

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/3/05 6:40pm
Msg #74075

that's funny...

I was just wondering if I should post a statement. I've had to call for payment on each of four signings done with LSI (west). The latest was last Thursday, where they claim were in the middle of writing out checks and would include my original invoice that day, well over a month ago( with an apology)....have yet to receive payment.

Reply by Dee_RI on 11/3/05 6:59pm
Msg #74081

Re: that's funny...

I spoke with Betty - I guess she is the person who handles payment. Good Luck!

Reply by jb_CA on 11/3/05 7:14pm
Msg #74082

Re: that's funny...

Dee,

Maybe you can have them call the borrower and have the borrower confirm the documents that are in their package. If the borrower has the copies you printed then that should show them that you printed all the reqd. docs and had them signed.
Does this make sense??
Just a thought.
Good Luck!!

Reply by MonicaFL on 11/3/05 7:16pm
Msg #74083

I would call the person who hired me and tell them that you were going to e-mail to them EXACTLY what you received - that should at least give them a little nudge.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 11/3/05 7:51pm
Msg #74100

Are they resending the documents that they claimed you missed, or are you to use the documents from the original package? If they are sending new docs, check them against the original ones to see if any changes have been made. Could be that some of the terms of the loan have been changed and this is their way of getting some free work out of you. I smell plenty of unrefrigerated fish here. Maybe you would miss one document, but several?? I think they got seperated out for some reason and lost or otherwise disposed of. Someone is covering themselves at your expense

Reply by Dee_RI on 11/3/05 8:11pm
Msg #74108

Interesting Update!!!

Just received this e-mail...

"...I have gone ahead and spoken with my supervisor on this one, and we agree that because there’s no absolute certainty that you did anything wrong, I’m going to go ahead and pay you for the resign. Docs should already be uploaded to D-Dox, and I’ll be sending you a confirmation for the signing by email...."

Not for nothing, but the squeaky wheel gets the oil. I am glad I stood up for myself. Any thoughts?

Reply by Danny_FL on 11/3/05 8:41pm
Msg #74114

Re: Interesting Update!!!

Nice going Smiley

Danny

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/3/05 8:42pm
Msg #74115

Good For YOU!!!!

Reply by Giselle_CA on 11/3/05 9:51pm
Msg #74126

I am glad it was resolved! n/m

Reply by Reginald Wilks on 11/3/05 11:06pm
Msg #74142

Re: I am glad it was resolved! n/m

Let me add my own venting to this.

I did a signing for LSI last weekend at the last min. and did the printing for them on edocs,
after I sent back the docs they informed me that I was going to be docted $50.00 because I did not split the package. The problem was I could not get to the instructions on my computer
because my internet server was out of service that night after I returned home so I had to ship the docs just as I had them and was docked for the $50.00. I have not been paid yetso
I'm looking to see just how much I receive.

Thanks

Reginald
Kansas

Reply by PJM/MI on 11/4/05 5:59am
Msg #74160

Re: I am glad it was resolved! n/m

I got a closing with my e-doc package, and lo & behold, NO MORTGAGE! Thank goodness the bo lives in my town. I came home, downloaded the docs again, no mortgage. Called TC the next am, and sure enough, there wasn't a mortgage..processor accidently forgot it.
I should have checked the docs before I ever left my house...(slap on the hands to me), but it was eom and I was busy.

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/4/05 8:49am
Msg #74189

My thought is, "Dee, you ROCK!" :-D

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.