Notary Rotary
Lenders 1st choice
Notary Discussion History

Lenders 1st choice
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by NotaryinCA on 11/17/05 11:20am
Msg #77189

Lenders 1st choice

Has anyone worked with them lately.. They have lowered their fees on most and require faxbacks now. What is going on here?

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/17/05 11:30am
Msg #77192

I did one signing for them saturday adn have another this saturday. I am not sure what their fees were before but they have met mine both times. As far as fax back yes I did those saturday it seems that all of the companies I have worked for but two have required them. I think it is due to notary error. IMHO

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/17/05 11:49am
Msg #77198

Yes, they did lower their fees. They called me this week for a signing and told me that they lowered their fees. I told the scheduler that I had NOT lowered mine and my minimum was still XXX. Apparently the scheduler could not find a low rent Notary available in my area, so when she called me back, I increased my fee and they decided to accept it.

I don't give a hoot if every TC & SS out there lowers their fees. They run their business how they see fit and I run my business how I see fit.

Reply by BobRogers_FL on 11/17/05 12:27pm
Msg #77206

Good for you! If we all had this attitude, it would benefit us all.

Reply by Teddog_CO on 11/17/05 12:55pm
Msg #77215

Becca FL,

My feelings exactly. They were a very good company and nice to work with. Sadly what it cost me to do business I can't work for them with their New Fees. There are several other companies also, I just tell them to remove me from their database. I have no intention of playing "The Notary Fee Auction" game and that's no way to conduct business. If this really starts to effect my business, all I say is I will just find some other career. Life is about change and your ability to adjust to change is what it's all about! I have had to "start over" more then once in my lifetime and that's what I will do if our Profession goes to the "Dark Side of the Force" so to speak.lol
I do know for a fact and experience has shown me that there's no Cheap way to get the job done and done correctly. SS's are going to find that out the hard-way. Another thing No One stays in business unless they are making MONEY! So for the "Sweethearts" that are taking these Poop Pay jobs keep that in mind. I think that's called being Hustled or "There's one born every minute."
Well, that's my stand on this situation and nothing is going to change my feelings about it. I am in business to make a living.

My opinion only. Everyone have a Great Day ! Off to signing I will go!

Teddog

Reply by JanetK_CA on 11/17/05 12:29pm
Msg #77207

I haven't done any assignments for them recently, but I've turned down a few. They used to be a great company to work for, but their fee reduction was too much for that to make a difference. I get paid more from the signing services I work for (and they're a title company!)

As I've said before, what I would guess is going on is a reaction to a reduction in business volume. Companies with a fixed overhead have to find some way to make up the difference (i.e. reduce costs) when their revenue decreases. Many of us could be facing the same challenges, but everyone needs to find their own strategy to deal with it.

Reply by patricia on 11/17/05 1:25pm
Msg #77222

They used to send me all the business they had in my area but since I refused to reduce my
fee I have not had a single call from them, so somebody is willing to take them.

Reply by Beth/MD on 11/17/05 1:39pm
Msg #77224

Re: Lenders 1st choice and Vital and everyone else...

I did the same as Becca. Pretty much word for word. I'm not restructuring my fees for these companies are anyone else.

Reply by Teddog_CO on 11/17/05 2:16pm
Msg #77231

In one word Beth>>NOPE!!!

Reply by Beth/MD on 11/17/05 2:21pm
Msg #77234

Re: In one word Beth>>NOPE!!! Ted, here's another...

And something else I've about had all I can take of...$15 edoc fees or only partial payment if the loan doesn't close. I'm not responsible for the LO not doing his/her job.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.