Notary Rotary
Loose certificate on survey affadavit
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/28/05 9:04am
Msg #78876

If there is no notarial verbage on a survey affadavit should I attach a loose certificate?

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 11/28/05 9:47am
Msg #78880

If you need to perform a notarization and there is not notarial wording, you must add a loose certificate or a stamp with notarial wording if you have one. You can not notarize something without notarial wording.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/28/05 10:26am
Msg #78888

Crazy as it seems, in our packages not all affidavits require a notarial act. If there is not an indication that you need one you probably do not.

I remember a sad little country western song that used to be on the airwaves...little did I know it was communicating messages to me about my future! The important part went something like:

"Here's a quarter, call someone who cares..."

Apply these words of wisdom to being an NSA!

Call the title company if you think something is missing.

Otherwise, technically--in Tx, according to my inquiry to the SOS office-- you're (ho hum) committing the dreaded UPL (unauthorized practice of law) when you add a notarial certificate without being guided by the signer or maker of the document.

-----------------
Since Teddog has not said it: Everyone have a great week!

Reply by B__CA on 11/28/05 10:40am
Msg #78893

That could be considered UPL, when in doubt ask title. Document.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.