Notary Rotary
Losing my Christmas cash signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by TitleGalCA on 11/7/05 11:06pm
Msg #74945

Go figure (for all those bright eyed part-timers)...either embrace this business full time and work it, or deal with the disappointing consequences.

Sigh. I had an extra special signing all locked up - 22 individual permanent loans on condo units - the builder just has to "sit" and sign 22 DT's (oops...DOT's) and all the affiliated disclosures. Yep, challenging, but I was more than up to it. Highly qualified...experience....and for crying out loud - he's my customer!!!! The hitch? E/O (who I swear has a financial interest in my company or is a cruel woman) says I can't get "double pay" in other words...if client shows up at 4pm and I sit with him until 10pm to sign him, that one hour of time (eg. from 4 to 5 pm) indicates "double pay". Alas, the tribulations of being "titlegal" and the curse of 8-5.

Asking for a prayer or two that builder decides to show up at 5pm tomorrow or Wednesday. I could buy a lot of Chihuahua toys to put under the Christmas tree Smiley

And if you can't put your heart into that request...go do some marketing instead. At least I can motivate.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 11/7/05 11:10pm
Msg #74948

Can't you just have him come at 5 or later instead?

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/7/05 11:12pm
Msg #74949

I wish Sheila - it's not under my control, but the E/O's control.

Maybe if I had business cards that were as cute as yours....? Smiley

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/7/05 11:51pm
Msg #74959

So will you get ANY compensation?

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/7/05 11:58pm
Msg #74960

Nope - I either do it on my "own" time...or it goes to another notary, unless I do it for gratis (not). Originally it was set to sign at 6 pm, now the BO (builder) isn't committing to a time until tomorrow, hence the request for prayer...and lots of finger crossing.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 11/8/05 1:30pm
Msg #75088

TitleGal- hmm...have we met?... or maybe I returned docs to your office? Curious how you saw my card.
I understand how you feel about "losing" out when it is so close to happening. I hope that it works out so that you can do it all. Once November hits, Holidays here we come!

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/8/05 1:33pm
Msg #75091

Nope, just remembered your profile pic - it was so cute I thought it was a great marketing idea - still do!

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 11/8/05 2:01pm
Msg #75107

Thanks! It has generated a lot of good response. I like that it is a little different.

Reply by Susan Lewis on 11/7/05 11:47pm
Msg #74957

Thats sad! So sorry........... Maybe traffic will be terrible and he will show late, after all it is rush hour..

Reply by DeeB/Fl on 11/8/05 3:13am
Msg #74965

double pay?????? how is that double pay?! what difference would it be if you had 22 people there or the one man there...the fact of the matter there were 22 units/loans right??? and you are notarizing/witnessing for 22 seperate documents! am I understanding you right? you should be getting paid for all 22 seperate documents?!!! what does that have to do with it with him being one person doing this in one hour or 4 hours?!!! YOU are doing your job as a notary to witness and notarize the documents.

I'm sorry I'm lost on this?! is this lady crazy? YOU are doing your job as a notary....does she not have any commone sense?

are you saying you have a signing at 4pm with someone else and then the man with the 22 units at the same time...is that what makes it double pay? andthe point is?? So what!!!!!! If you are capable of doing your job then do it!!! Maybe things will work out that he will show up at 5pm....so that things will work out for you.

Dee

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 11/8/05 3:51am
Msg #74968

What a very UNWISE woman & business person she is! That's about as far as my diplomacy stretches, too.

Hmmm - ok, how about this, how about you comp an hour or two to the E/O, so that there's no "double pay", hey? How 'bout THEM apples, lady!

If all else fails and worse comes to worse, I fall back on smarmy philosophy ... when you think something good has been 'lost', it may be that you just don't know what harm you've just been spared. Sooths the psyche, plus no way to ever contradict it. Sort of like a pain killer for the soul ...

Ok, I have the morning prayer shift covered ... keep us posted!

Reply by newlysmomva on 11/8/05 8:45am
Msg #74993

Re: Losing my Christmas cash-take an hour of vacation-n/m

Reply by MistarellaFL on 11/8/05 10:19am
Msg #75020

I think she means by double pay, that she is an employee of a TC, and that she is earning a salary 8-5, and they won't compensate her additionally for doing a signing during regular office hours. If the BO comes after Reg ofc hours, then she is entitled to additional compensation. Am I right Titlegal? BTW, I said a little prayer for your Christmas Fund: If not this, there will be something else just as good/profitable.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/8/05 1:32pm
Msg #75089

Re: Losing my Christmas cash signing - Yes...

Mistarella...you nailed it. Thanks for the thoughts!

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/8/05 1:34pm
Msg #75092

Re: Losing my Christmas cash signing - Yes...

Well if you get stuck with a 4pm we will pray for bad traffic so the builder is an hour late.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.