Notary Rotary
Mortgage Documents
Notary Discussion History

Mortgage Documents
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/19/05 3:34pm
Msg #77720

Mortgage Documents

I am posting anonymous because I don't want to put a name to this question to protect the Innocent. I had a signing that the documents were made up with the mortgage and name affidavit with a deceased persons name on it. How do you handle it?I hope I made myself clear. The note had only one borrower on it.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/19/05 3:39pm
Msg #77722

The note also had the deceased persons name on it. What would you have done and what is the correct way to address the problem?

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 11/19/05 3:40pm
Msg #77724

Call the company for instructions.

Reply by MB_AZ on 11/19/05 3:54pm
Msg #77727

Identity Theft? n/m

Reply by MelissaCT on 11/25/05 9:45am
Msg #78608

I would contact SS or TC, per instructions and tell them abotu the situation. Obviously, only the living person can sign the documents. Most likely, a title search brought up the way the property used to be listed & missed a probate document to transfer property to surviving spouse. That's not uncommon. I also put a big post-it note right on top that Jane Doe is deceased. Make sure you only acknowlege for the signer, if preprinted, cross out the deceased person's name in the acknowledgement section & initial.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.