Notary Rotary
My phone lines are broken!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by MaggieMae_CA on 11/29/05 1:11pm
Msg #79031

They must be. There's no other explanation as to why they aren't ringing. November has been my best month ever, grossing over $3,100. But the last call I received for a signing was Thanksgiving Eve.

Anyone else out there waiting for their phone to ring?

Reply by SLP_VA on 11/29/05 1:12pm
Msg #79032

I had 2 calls yesterday...One for last night and one for today. Other than that, Nada!

Reply by Anne/IL on 11/29/05 1:38pm
Msg #79040

This month has been weird, of course it's my first November so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it's been very slow most of the month and all of the sudden, the last 10 days have been completely crazy. I've had more signings than last month but I net far less, either SS are cutting back this month of their fees or last month was exceptionally high...LOL

I love it though! I think I finally something that I totally enjoy doing, even dealing with not-so-nice people sometimes.....

Reply by Mike_NJ on 11/29/05 1:46pm
Msg #79042

Congrats Maggie, I bet thats good for CA. The phones will ring, maybe you should touch base with your regular clients?

I use to go through the same thing in the middle of the month..As of now I am booked up till 12/6/05

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 11/29/05 2:02pm
Msg #79046

Where in Jersey Mike?

I was raised in Clifton (Passaic County) and moved to Boonton when I got married, shortly thereafter we moved to Jefferson Township. My NJ career was legal secretary specializing in real estate and estate work. I worked mostly in the Parsippany and Morristown areas.

I miss the fall and springtime in Jersey, but don't miss the Jersey mosquitos, snow and black ice.

Reply by Mike_NJ on 11/29/05 2:15pm
Msg #79047

Re: Where in Jersey Mike?

I grew up in Elizabeth/Union area and now live down the Jersey Shore. My wife grew up in Basking Ridge.

I love the beach, water and the pines are not that far away. (off roading)

Reply by MaggieMae_CA on 11/29/05 3:04pm
Msg #79055

Brick...

Husband's family moved to Brick Town when he was 16. I met him longggggggggggggg after that when he was managing a pet shop in Willowbrook Mall (Pet Pourri). He was in the Navy Reserves (Lakeside) and we went down the shore to his mom's house one weekend a month until she passed away.

I spent my summers down the shore and loved them. My husband and I took my "California Kids" to New Jersey this summer. Took them to Seaside Heights to show off the shore and the boardwalk. They were totally unimpressed and wanted to know why people were forking over money to walk onto the beach and go into that "disgusting" water.

Boy, oh boy! Was my bubble burst!!!! Thought about disowning the boys during our trip.

Reply by Donna LaBelle on 11/29/05 8:20pm
Msg #79103

Re: Brick...

I have to get in on this one. I was raised in Point Pleasant, went to the old Ocean Road school- even got hit by a car in front of the old Ocean road school in '63

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 11/29/05 11:56pm
Msg #79155

Exit 98

Like Donna, I can'tpass up throwing in my 2 cents. I was born in Franklin Lakes, grew up in Wall Twp and Holmdel. My uncle owned/operated Brookside School on Rte 35 in Sea Girt. My grandmother still lives in Clifton for the last 50 some years. Boy, I miss the fall...with 2 kids, we don't have a fall here in San Diego. I moved out here in'91. My kids (7, 5) love the Boardwalk. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/29/05 8:47pm
Msg #79111

Re: MaggieMae...

Thanks for the laugh and the memories. I moved to Long Valley, NJ from California when I was 16. We vacationed that summer on the Jersey shore. I, like your "California Kids," could not for the life of me figure out why people paid to get on the beach and swim in jellyfish infested water with hypodermics washing on shore. The Jersey shore and the California coast are two different worlds.

Now I've found my favorite beaches here in Florida.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.