Notary Rotary
National Lending Services
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/3/05 11:28am
Msg #73956

I have been in this business for awhile, and have worked with many companies. I have never worked with a company that is just plain rude. They always call me periodically and ask me if I am available and I quote my price, which they never accept, and that is fine with me. So yesterday they accepted my fee and she said that she was going to send the confirmation over. So after working late, I went to my computer and no confirmation, come to find out they gave the signing to my business partner. Earlier that day I turned down work so I could attend this signing.

I just wish that if a company is not agreeable, then don't agree. Or at lease let the notary know you changed your mind. I don't think most notaries would mind, at least we can plan better.

Reply by Art_MD on 11/3/05 11:42am
Msg #73958

You mean your own partner under-cut you?!!

Art

Reply by Calnotary on 11/3/05 11:43am
Msg #73959

It happened to me one time when I accepted this signing and I didnt check my computer till 3 hours
later, and my faxes come thru maxemail, so I got another call for another loan, I didnt take it because
I was already commited to this otherone. I log on, check my e mail and there it was; my comfirmation
letter written down across the whole page"CANCELLED" Hey, I know they found someone cheaper
but that happends when SS have hundreds and hundreds of notaries from where to choose.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/3/05 12:55pm
Msg #73982

No, she did not undercut me, she charged the same price as me. She did not know that I had accepted it earlier that day.

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/3/05 3:52pm
Msg #74022

I don't get it. Why are you the one who suffered? If you are partners, you should split the fee anyway. Or you do the job in the first place.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.