Notary Rotary
Newbie needs advice
Notary Discussion History

Newbie needs advice
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/22/05 10:17pm
Msg #78334

Newbie needs advice

Thanks in advance for any advice you give me! I just started signing up with SS (signing services?) online from the lists I received in my loan signing class and from this website. I was hoping to be able to go out with a signing agent in my area (Southern Calif, Inland Empire Area ) before I got the first phone call. Well, that didn't happen. Of course I got a call from a SS- 1 signer, 3 loans. I felt pretty confident and decided to take it when they offered $200. It was less than 5 miles away and for the most part went pretty smoothly. I'm not sure what website they got my number from because I didn't sign up with them directly. And of course I didn't think to ask them.

Here are my questions: When a SS calls and you haven't worked with them before, what should I be asking them? Do I ask about payment arrangements? Do I send an invoice? Do I ask them to send me a Independent Contractor Agreement. Is the confirmation that they sent me enough? I know I'll learn from my mistakes but of course I prefer that they not cost me. How do you keep up with all the different SS? Do you have files for each one?

Again, any advice would be helpful

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 11/23/05 1:33am
Msg #78352

Email me at [e-mail address] if you took my loan signing class from notaryclasses.com and I will help you.
Three loans from one borrower can be difficult and it sounds to me that you might have gone through our program; if you didn't I apologize and you can still email and I will help you!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.