Notary Rotary
Please give me your opinions
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/22/05 12:15am
Msg #78135

I got a call this morn @ 10 am from a scheduler for TC that I've worked with on a fairly regular basis for several months. I've always talked with the same lady who is a sweetheart. She requested I handle an edoc signing @ 7:00 pm for them... I explained I could not arrive at the borrowers home til about 8:30 PM due to my schedule. (busy today thank God) She stated she was not sure it would even go... I said thats ok just keep me advised. I told her I'd contact her around 6:00pm when I got back to my office if she did'nt call me on the cell by then. Well I got back to my office @ 6:00 pm and emailed her @ 6:05 pm asking about docs. (The borrower was 55.9 miles from my home and theres a major rain and wind storm in the midatlantic region tonight,travel time would be well over an hour...rural roads,not well lit ,etc...)
I did not get a response.... I assume its off. @ 7:00pm I get a call from the vice pres. of the company telling me shes getting ready to scan and send docs to me. I told her I made a coupla calls to the office as well as emailed almost an hour ago with no response and had assumed at this point it was a no go. She went completely ballistic and asked me if I had a problem driving in the rain and told me she had already emailed the docs to me and I was lying to her about not having them. She then in a very rude tone of voice asked me "what my problem was and why was I so RUFFLED about the situation. I almost started laughing but bit my tongue. I was then informed that if I didnt handle the closing she would lose the account. I am speechless at this point about this... I do not like being called a liar and obviously she knew I did not have the docs as she stated she was getting ready to scan them and e mail them. I do not know why some people behave the way they do.... I have been upset about this all night. I really do try to bend over backwards for my clients and help them out....but after the way she treated me there was no way in hell I was going out in this weather to do this B**** a favor. If she loses the account she deserves to. Do you think I was out of line?
I hated to lose the account but low and behold 20 minutes later I got an email from another TC I'd been calling on for 6 months offering me a closing for Friday and Saturday. I respect your opinions.....please tell me what you think... and everyone, Happy Thanksgiving.

Reply by Kristen_FL on 11/22/05 12:44am
Msg #78137

i completely agree with not going. if things were so bad with this account, and they are about to lose it, then they should've been responsible and followed up with you about the closing. they were just trying to pass the buck, if you ask me. i think you were right to refuse the signing, particularly when it was so far away, so last minute, and in such crummy weather conditions. but it might be worth it to call them tomorrow and speak to your usual contact to see what the deal is. she might be able to help the situation so you don't lose this signing service, and help restore your good name with the company.

best of luck to you! happy thanksgiving!

kristen Smiley
florida

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/22/05 1:17am
Msg #78139

Definitely no big loss on your end. It sounds like she is so used to blaming the notary for problems that she went on autopilot. To tell you that she is getting ready to scan and send the edocs, then in the same conversation accusing you of lying about not getting them? Please. You should have laughed in her face

The only thing that I can see that you did wrong (or at least didn't mention here) is that you should have asked her why she was accusing you of lying about not receiving the docs when she had just told you she didn't send them yet. I'd be curious what her answer would be, but I'll bet her attitude would have adjusted pretty quickly.

It sucks to lose TC business, but sometimes we're better off when it happens. There is only so much crap and blame we should take before it becomes not worth the trouble.

Reply by PJM/MI on 11/22/05 6:14am
Msg #78145

Don't be too upset over this incident. I've learned you've got to have "thick skin" in this business...just like any other business. She was in the wrong, and you know it. A clean concious makes for a soft pillow.

Reply by SueW/Tn on 11/22/05 7:06am
Msg #78154

Liar....hmmmmm....errr...........ahhh..........

that would have been the end of the conversation for me. You did super duper and maybe this gal learned a lesson too i.e. no matter how serious the situation, control thy mouth.

Reply by Joe_PA on 11/22/05 4:21pm
Msg #78256

You are 100% right. Don't worry about it I had something like that happen to me.
SS called for a 8:00am next day signing. 6:00pm no docs. Called SS who said they would be late. Got acll from loan company who was about 5-miles away, could I pick them up at their office, it is now 7:30pm. I get to office and have to wait for docs to be completed. Was not done until 10:00pm. I wasted 4-hours trying to help SS.
I called borrower at about 8:pm to confirm my arrival next morning. Funny thing is that signing address was different, what originally started as about 10-miles rt from office was now about 50 miles from office. I had an appointment next morning and this extra millage and time put em in jeoparty of missing it.
At 10:00pm I aclled borrower and told her that I was running on a tight schedule and I would be out a little early and appologised for calling so alte but was not sure about the docs.
The borrower started mouthing off to me that "this is your job you are getting paid for this inconvience etc. At about 10:15pm I called SS told him tio get someone else I do not have to take the verbal abuse by the borrower. In addition you were not paying me for the 4-hours I hung around waiting for docs nr teh extar time for going an addition 40 miles.
They actually got another notary to coem to my house to pick up docs at midnight.

If this SS never calls em again it will be to soon.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/22/05 8:28pm
Msg #78310

Thank you all for your thoughts .... I was afraid to post my name as I'm still owed some $$$ from this company. I am still shaking my head over this. I really try to do a good job for my clients.
You guys are the greatest ...its really nice to have a forum where we can vent and support each other. Fortunately jerks like that woman are the exception and not the rule. I hope she had to drive the 100 miles each way from her office to handle the closng herself. None of us deserve verbal abuse.... we work too hard for too little in many cases to put up with disrespect like that. Shes a nutcase.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.