Notary Rotary
Prime Real Estate
Notary Discussion History

Prime Real Estate
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Dan_CA on 11/18/05 8:34am
Msg #77353

Prime Real Estate

has anyone heard about this company. A loan officer has contated me about a two sets of docs job and is willing to pay $125(e-docs) I am based in Anaheim ,California and the job is for the city of Yorba Linda(next to Anaheim). I did not see this company rated under Signing Services. Thanking everyone in advance.

Reply by Paul Hampton on 11/18/05 9:22am
Msg #77370

Adjust your fee

For a direct call from a loan officer, the fee of $125 for a double edoc signing is too low. An industry acceptable fee would be as follows:

Signing first set: $125
Signing 2nd set: 50
Printing 1st set: 50
Printing 2nd set: 50

Total fee: $275

When you are called by Title or the lender, this would be a reasonable fee.

Reply by Diana Babilonia on 11/18/05 9:26am
Msg #77371

Re: Adjust your fee

What if it it was a Signing Service? (Just Curious)

Reply by Paul Hampton on 11/18/05 9:50am
Msg #77381

Everybodies area is different, but I would charge $75 for the 1st signing, $25 for the 2nd, and $25 each for printing for a total of $175. Sometimes I also add an EOM, last minute, and/or late night tax.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/18/05 12:35pm
Msg #77453

Paul, thank you for those suggestions. I really try to do my best and do care about my career but the fees and negotiations really get me. Just recently I've started receiving $150-180 from companies. They've been from lenders and brokers . The lowest I ever accept is over night $85, so needless to say I do miss many jobs. Last night was my first for $175 for hard copies and the LO was there to answer questions. It did take longer though.

It was a good feeling to know I could actually earn that amount with out the edocs and they were really happy with my services and told me they would continue to use me in the future. So besides continuing my learning I really need to learn to set my fees. Thank you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.