Notary Rotary
QUESTION??
Notary Discussion History

QUESTION??
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/1/05 10:54am
Msg #73385

QUESTION??

HOW DO I GET MY NOTARY BUSINESS OFF THE GROUND? ANY TIPS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRICIATED!!

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 11/1/05 11:01am
Msg #73388

Use the orange "search" button and look up post #33325 and you will find just what your looking for. Oh and loose the all caps as it is the equivalent of screaming here in cyberspace. Then choose a user name that has you state's initials in it as many questions have state specific answers. Welcome to the jungle Smiley

Reply by Judy Cobb on 11/1/05 11:10am
Msg #73392

Go to www.50statenotary.com. Victoria Ring has a terrific book. How to star and operate and marke a freelance Notary Signing Agent business. I think this will help you tremendously.
Judy-Oregon

Reply by PAW_Fl on 11/1/05 11:15am
Msg #73393

You need to advertise. One of the best ways to get your name out there is to use it here instead of "Anonymous".

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/1/05 11:28am
Msg #73397

Good answer, Good answer. clap, clap, clap. Survey says! nm

Reply by BrendaTX on 11/1/05 1:50pm
Msg #73444

How would you get any other business off the ground?

If it were a sewing machine sales and/or repair business...

You would:

learn how to use and/or repair a sewing machine without hurting yourself of your customers.

study about your business.

learn laws about your business.

read every forum available from cover to cover on the subjects related to your business

know how many sewing machines could be sold in your area and at what price

know your competition

get a base of operation.

advertise about why YOU are THE GO TO PLACE to buy a sewing machine.

be available to sell the sewing machines.

have a way to pay your bills while you built the business.

having an accounting/financial plan

have the correct licenses and insurance

know what you had to make in order to stay in business (hint - business plan)

find out what SCORE is

find out what SBA is

And, since you ask total strangers how to get your existing business off the ground you need to go all the way back to square one and make a plan. Realize you are planning to fail and you'll be dissolutioned very soon, then on to some other business that will not work out. Those are not my words of wisdom...it's the way of business. Ask yourself why you started a business you did not know how to make run or to make a profit in?

Not trying to be mean...just telling you the honest to goodness truth of it. Don't start a business if you do not know how to start it.

If you want others to tell you how to make YOUR business get going, wouldn't you be better off working for someone else? That way you'll have someone to tell you what to do all day.

If you don't get huffy about this post and you actually learn from it, then I'd say you might make it.

Another Hint: Read this forum. The answers you seek are here.

Reply by Pamela J Montez on 11/1/05 3:38pm
Msg #73468

Re: QUESTION?? GOOD ANSWER

I applaud you, Brenda. Starting a business and running a business can be a slow, painful process and not knowing what you're doing will only set you up for failure. You need to ask youself, "Why am I doing this particular business?" If you trying to get into this business to make "tons of money" (As the NNA claims you can do), you'd better think again. There is GOOD money to be made, but you will have to work long & hard at marketing yourself.
And this is not a "9-5" job...more like 6 am to midnight if you want to make good money.
I leave, eat sleep my business...just like other business owners.

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 11/1/05 5:40pm
Msg #73496

Come now

The original poster, did not tell us what they expected, they did not grab someone off the street for an answer.

They came to a great web site for some help, from those who have made this work

the first reply was fantastic, by letting this person know how to do a search.

and as far as not expecting to make tons of money.... there are lots of people here making very good money...
there are many people who only work certain hours.... lets not think to highly of ourselves now

the turn around in postive feedbacks has been refreshing on this board...
lets keep it that way.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/1/05 7:15pm
Msg #73516

Brenda's reply was fantastic too. THAT is the type of answer these people need to hear, not just some puffed up "you can do it!" platitudes.

Understanding the reality of the situation is the first step in creating a successful business. Having a postive attitude, but no clue about the business is a sure path to failure. Good self esteem and pats on the back isn't enough.

Reply by BrendaTX on 11/1/05 7:17pm
Msg #73517

**lets keep it that way.**

You betcha Officer...now, in that same vein, rather than acting and posting as if you "think too highly" of YOURself, why don't you quit playing forum policeman and give something back to the board.

Those of us who contribute have put out the answers this poster was looking for at Msg. #33325. Now...what was it that you have contributed and shared?

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/1/05 8:01pm
Msg #73526

Re: TOUCHE' to Brenda's response below

**Those of us who contribute have put out the answers this poster was looking for at Msg. #33325. Now...what was it that you have contributed and shared? **

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 11/1/05 9:30pm
Msg #73541

Brenda

I hope that felt good...You sure told me.... I feel properly ashamed now

Reply by BrendaTX on 11/1/05 9:45pm
Msg #73545

"Brenda - I hope that felt good...You sure told me.... I feel properly ashamed now"

Still interested in knowing what I asked earlier:

* Now...what was it that you have contributed and shared? *

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 11/1/05 10:35pm
Msg #73565

contribution

I will contribute this for the night.....

I do not play games, Brenda

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/1/05 11:03pm
Msg #73573

Re: contribution

Well I didn't learn anything from that contribution. I would think a signing service would be more helpful!

Reply by Anonymous on 11/1/05 11:25pm
Msg #73582

keep thinking...

it might work next time

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/1/05 11:31pm
Msg #73584

What happened to "I don't play games"? Switching to posting anonymously seems like game playing to me Sherry. Not to mention, it's pretty pathetic and chickenshit.

At least use a less distinctive posting style when you're gonna hide. The multiple periods and space between lines is a dead giveaway sweetie.

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 11/2/05 6:05pm
Msg #73829

still with the games, I have no need to go anon, I write my postings and get slammed by the same 3 posters many times.
Brenda
CaliNotary
TitleGal

but I am glad you have the time to play detective

go for it

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/1/05 9:47pm
Msg #73546

I second the question.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/2/05 10:02am
Msg #73646

once again

titlegalca and calinotary strike again....

a very good tag team, a 1, 2 punch..

Reply by BrendaTX on 11/1/05 9:52pm
Msg #73548

Sp. Police...dissolutioned ? How about "disillusioned" nm

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/1/05 10:21pm
Msg #73559

dissolutioned v. disillusioned

"Dissolutined" is what happened to me when I filed for divorce.

"Disillusioned" is how I remain.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/1/05 6:24pm
Msg #73510

DRINK RED BULL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.