Questions from CA notary
Notary Discussion History

Questions from CA notary
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by meesha on 11/21/05 11:31am
Msg #77974

Questions from CA notary

Hello All,
Today I'm doing my first signing and am thinking of every possible detail I can--anyone know the answers to these questions?

If the signer is an MD and the driver's license does not include the MD as part of the name, I assume the document and my journal must be signed without the MD title??? Since the document may be verifying medical records or the health of an individual, does this complicate matters? I realize the signature must match the CA driver's license, but am thrown by the title part of that.

Second question -- I will be notarizing 2 or 3 originals of the same document. Do I need a line in the journal for each original? or only one line indicating mutliple original documents with the same signature?

Hmmmmm

Many thanks to anyone who can help me out with this! And Happy Thanksgiving to us all.

-M

Reply by PattiCA on 11/21/05 11:55am
Msg #77984

MD is a capacity and as a CA notary you can not confirm capicity. So if the Dr's name is John Smith, MD you could only ID him as John Smith.

Each document needs to be recorded separately in your journal. Depending upon your journal, you may be able to record multiple documents within an area that would only require one signature.

Hope this helps

Reply by meesha on 11/21/05 2:42pm
Msg #78025

Many thanks Patti, I was also able to confirm this info with another notary. I do appreciate your quick response, and support.

Happy holiday,
M.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.