Notary Rotary
RTC-Certificate of Confirmation
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/3/05 9:35am
Msg #73913

First time I see this form. Requires the borrower to sign until after the RTC 3 days period is over. Do I have them sign or not, do I have them date it or not, what date?? This is really confusing... Why would they include this form if they know they borrower is not supposed to sign until after 3 days. Crazy!!
By the way, I did a "search" and found a post about this but the all answers were different.
Any help is greatly appreciated...

Reply by Art_MD on 11/3/05 9:38am
Msg #73915

Make sure they have a copy. They include it so that they are sure the borrowers have a copy to use after the RTC has expired.
Do not do anthing with it - except give to borrower.
After 3 days, they may get a call from the TC/LO to sign it and fax it in.

Art

P.S. Had a closing last night with 7 copies of RTC - and 7 copies of CERT of CONFIRMATION.

Reply by MB_AZ on 11/3/05 9:52am
Msg #73920

Last night was the first time I saw this format on the RTC form. It did say, do not sign until after the 3 day RTC period is over.

Reply by Jon_PA on 11/3/05 10:01am
Msg #73925

I have had TCs ask me to have the bwr sign, but not date the form as a way to save the bwr the inconvenience of dealing with it after RTC is expired. The TC would date it after the time has expired..or so they say.

Reply by Roger_OH on 11/3/05 10:41am
Msg #73939

I have borrowers just initial a copy, and write on it they will sign/date/fax on the 4th day. I send that back with package, and leave borrower's copy on top of their package copies, with a reminder to sign, date, and fax back on 4th day.

I would never have them sign one that is undated and send it back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.