Notary Rotary
Response to BBB Reporting from SS
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by SLP_VA on 11/9/05 10:21am
Msg #75352

Here is a response I received from Secure Signings Inc today regarding my 3rd attempt to get an answer regarding payment for invoice 44 days past due:

I have received your message regarding an outstanding payment. Our pay schedule is 30 days from the day of closing. I will have accounting check to see if the check in question has been issued. I understand that there are several signing services out there that do not pay there closing agents. However, we are not one of them. It has barely been 30 days since the signing. I believe you may be jumping the gun a little here. We do not do business this way and do not appreciate being threatened over a payment that is just past 30 days. I will see that if a check has not been issued it gets done today. Thank you

Keep in mind now, that I was told by them almost 2 weeks ago that my check would be going out by the middle of the following week and when I checked again, there was no response from them. On November 7, I checked yet again and advised I would be seeking the assistance of the BBB along with other agencies and that sparked the above reply. All I ask is that a SS keep me updated on what's going on with payments due to me. As long as I am informed, I won't have to use the threat of BBB, but when I don't receive responses, it makes me believe they are avoiding me. I mean...I don't work for free and I know 30 days is a reasonable timeframe to receive payment and it's why I don't request status until the 30 day mark. But this invoice is now past due 44 days and this SS sees nothing wrong with me not getting paid yet. Especially if the statement above is saying they pay within the 30 day mark and it's past that timeframe.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/9/05 10:24am
Msg #75354

I agree with you if they say they are going ot pay within a certain time frame they should. I am trying to figure out what to do with a certain SS that i did a signing for about 35 days ago and was told they pay in thirty days. I also did a resign when the borrower used their RTC. Should I send and invoice again? I have since redone my Invoice thanks to advice from Paw and others.

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 11/9/05 10:32am
Msg #75362

SLP, I don't see anything wrong with you standing up for yourself, and it is a pain when the SS does not respond to you. My business partner did a signing for a SS on 10/7 and I did one for the same SS on 10/8. She got paid within 2 weeks and I have not yet recieved my check...which is now 31 days old. The issue isn't so much that it's now over 30 days, but I was told that the check would cut on Nov. 1st and when I emailed them back a couple days ago, they said the check may go out today??? So, in short, they tell me when, and do not follow through. I don't feel this is a good way to do business either. And why were they able to cut a check so quickly on the 7th and not on the 8th? I can't pretend to understand how they perform their finances, so I won't, but it is frustrating and if I don't recieve payment soon, I am considering the BBB myself.

Reply by SLP_VA on 11/9/05 10:39am
Msg #75368

It is a huge pain when the SS states one thing and doesn't do it. And then to try to put it back on me! Like I did something wrong. I just want to be paid or kept in the loop about the payment status. If a SS pays within 45 days of a signing (which is rare I think as I've not seen this but for 1 company)..hey what can I say? That's their policy and all I can do is wait until I receive payment within the 45 days. They should not just tell you something to get you off their back because we'll always come back if payment is still not received.

Thanks All!

Reply by RickinVA on 11/9/05 2:17pm
Msg #75464

FWIW, here is a copy of a collection letter I sent. I got the run-a-round when I spoke to them on the phone. I sent the letter, and had a check for the full amount in 6 days.

Rick

Dear Mr. xxxx:

Re: Nonpayment of Order numbers xxxx and xxxx

In August, 2005, I entered into an agreement with your company to perform two loan document signings, in xxxx, VA. The aim of this letter is to formally complain that your company has failed in its obligation to pay me for services rendered, per our agreement.

In order for our good working relationship to continue, I expect to be paid for my services within 45 days, which I think is reasonable.

To assist you in the payment of my outstanding invoices, enclosed are copies of the invoices and confirmation emails.

I look forward to your reply and a resolution of my problem, and will wait until November 8th before seeking assistance from the lenders (xxxx and xxxx, as well as xxxTC), the Better Business Bureau and other consumer protection agencies and organizations. Please contact me at the address or phone number below.

Reply by yoyo on 11/9/05 10:38am
Msg #75367

I did a signing for them back on 9/15/05 and I just got a check last week. After sending them several emails and calling. I have not deposited so lets see if funds are there.

Reply by yoyo on 11/9/05 10:45am
Msg #75370

United Signatures

I did two signings for United Signatures back on September. I sent them a collection letter last week stating that if I did not receive a check by 11/7/05 for both signings that I was going to report them to BBB and start a claim in court. I called them yesterday and no one was available. So I went to their website and selected contacts. Their were only two emails listed, so I sent an email to the first person listed. I got a response back and they included a check # amt. and when it was sent (11/7/05) So lets see if I get it. I will keep you all updated. Because I know that there were several SA that are owed monies from this SS

Reply by LilyMD on 11/9/05 11:25am
Msg #75382

Re: National Document Signing Services

I am still playing the merry-go-round game with this company after 75 days! Reporting them to BBB doesn't bother them.

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/9/05 11:25am
Msg #75383

BBB might be a little severe for 44 days past due but I understand you are trying to make a point that you take their word seriously -- and so should they.

These companies have to understand that we are small business people and rely on our projected cash flows based on the terms we extend to our clients. If they are going to pay in 60 days, let them just say so and we can adjust our expectations accordingly.

Good luck!

Reply by SLP_VA on 11/9/05 11:41am
Msg #75387

To Rick_NY

You stated: BBB might be a little severe for 44 days past due.

My posts does not say I actually reported them to BBB...I sent them a collection letter advising them that I WOULD if no response as to status was received. Since status was received today, of course I will not report as of yet. I will wait and see if payment is received in 5 days.

I have no problem with late payments, AS LONG AS I AM KEPT IN THE LOOP ON STATUS OF SUCH PAYMENTS. When I start getting ignored or avoided with no responses, then the mean, collection side comes out of me. I just want to be paid or at least told where status is. We do rely on our projected cash flow beased on the terms we exten to clients, that's why I stated that if a SS pays in 45 days, then fine. All I can do is expect payment in 45 days or at least let me know status when I request it. Ya know what I mean???

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/9/05 6:14pm
Msg #75515

Re: To Rick_NY

Brother, I am SO with you, you have no idea. I am ready to go public to everyone in my community and state about a title company, [not a signing service] who is screwing me over for THOUSANDS of dollars. Msg #74882 is the thread I started on the topic.

I am owed money from the summer and they ask me to be patient!

In addition to all the things I mention in the message, I'm ready to start a blog called "'Company X' Doesn't Pay Their Bills!!"

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/9/05 6:24pm
Msg #75519

Re: To Rick_NY

Are you having any luck with my suggested avenue? Even if you start to cc the contact I spoke of you may get results.

Keep us posted & good luck!

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/9/05 11:36am
Msg #75386

How exactly do you file a BBB complaint and get action?

I have filed two complaints with the Orlando area BBB. Both times all I received back from them was a letter stating that this is not the type of complaint that the BBB handles. The letter refers me to local law enforcement and the court system.

I always thought the BBB was a source for consumer related complaints and not business to business complaints. After reading here that many have reported scumbag SSs to the BBB, I thought, what do I have to loose.

Reply by DeeB/Fl on 11/10/05 7:02am
Msg #75562

Re: How exactly do you file a BBB complaint and get action?

Sounds like the Orlando BBB is just being lazy in their work. Advise them that all BBB's through out the country are handling many complaints such as these and in some cases resolve the issues. If the BBB can't resolve it with you, then yes it would go to court, etc...

I suggest you call back and talk to them about this. I dont think they want to do the work they are meant to do....and they still should report negative complaints on companies. Either that, you recvd a letter from someone who is new...again...to lazy to do their work!

good luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.