Notary Rotary
Saturday Docs
Notary Discussion History

Saturday Docs
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Glenn Strickler on 11/19/05 8:24pm
Msg #77747

Saturday Docs

I have noticed a lot of postings concerning Saturday delivery. If you are the sender, you have to request Saturday delivery when sending the documents in order to get Saturday delivery. Saturday delivery costs more, so that is why you need to request it. Of course, you can lead a horse to water ...... I was reminded of this again when I accepted an asignment on Friday for docs to be overnighted. The scheduler asked me if we had Saturday service up her from Fedex and I said "Yes, but you have to request it when you send the docs. Don't forget to request it" Well, you gussed it, no docs today.

I learned a long time ago not to schedule an appointment until I have the documents in hand whether they are electronic or overnight and I tell the SS, TC or lender this up front. That way, my appointment schedule does not get messed up. First in, First out.

One more thing before I forget. Happy Holidays to everyone. I appreciate everyone who gives information on this board. I think I can post the rest of my life here and I won't ever be able to give back what I have recieved from all of you. Thank You ,,,,,,,

Reply by Carol_in_MI on 11/19/05 9:45pm
Msg #77754

Me, too

I had the same thing today. Appointment was set up yesterday for 2:30 today (Saturday) with the documents being overnighted to the borrower. I tried calling the borrower before I left home to see if they arrived, but the line was busy. Went 22 miles to find no documents. Called the SS and was told to wait until 3:00 for FedEx. Finally called FedEx and found out they are set to be delivered Monday as they didn't specify Saturday delivery. Had a nice chat with the borrower and look forward to going back Monday night if the SS wants me to reschedule.

Should I expect full payment from the SS? Spent 2 hours including travel time.

Reply by Danny_FL on 11/19/05 10:15pm
Msg #77760

Re: Me, too

I had about the same issue yesterday too. The signing went fine, except the part about the TC emailing the FEDEX airbill. They forgot about it and I found out today their office was closed on Saturday. I left multiple messages and got a call about 1500 today. The emailed me the doc and I told them FEDEX picks up at 1730 on Monday. Hope they are happy...

Danny

Reply by Roger_OH on 11/20/05 12:07am
Msg #77762

Could have prevented a needless trip...

if you'd contacted the borrowers the day before, advised them to lookout for the package,
and to call you when it arrived.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.