Notary Rotary
Sig. Aff- Seperate Acks
Notary Discussion History

Sig. Aff- Seperate Acks
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by level5CA on 11/16/05 1:10pm
Msg #76956

Sig. Aff- Seperate Acks

I have a question about Sig Aff. I did a signing last week where the Sig Aff asked for an Ack. The loan had two signers so I filled out one Ack for both signers. Apparently, the bank wants a seperate form for each. Did I fill it out incorrectly? Would it be ok to fill out the seperate forms with the date I did the initial signing or is it back dating? Thanks!

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/16/05 1:12pm
Msg #76957

You have to do the new acks for the day you notarize them you cannot back date.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/16/05 1:16pm
Msg #76958

Re: I disagree

If you are correcting your own certificate you can date it for the day you witnessed and notarized the original signature. If I am wrong, please let me know.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/16/05 2:31pm
Msg #77008

Wrong

You can't use the current date if the signer doesn't personally appear in front of you.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/16/05 1:18pm
Msg #76959

If they both signed on the same document, one ack is fine for both signatures.

If the bank wants 2 separate forms, I'm guessing that they are referring to separate signature affadavits, not loose acknowledgements. So the borrowers would have to resign and you would use the current date.

If they're trying to tell you that they need 2 acknowledgements for one document you should just tell them that they're wrong and what you sent is fine. Don't let anybody dictate to you how you should do your own notarizations.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/16/05 1:19pm
Msg #76960

PS

If they send you out with 2 new signature affadavits, make sure you charge appropriately. It's their mistake, not yours.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/16/05 1:25pm
Msg #76964

Re:CaliNotary

Now if for some reason they wanted individual Acks ( aside from the fact that they would be dictating how the Notary should do his job) am I wrong in stating that the date would be the original date of the signing?

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/16/05 2:11pm
Msg #76994

Level5 read post #74359.....n/m

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/16/05 2:18pm
Msg #76998

Re: Level5 read post #74359.....forgot to add

That an ack can be predated but the notaries date must be the date the ack was actually notarized. If I am wrong let me know.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/16/05 2:26pm
Msg #77004

Re: Re:CaliNotary

I would use the original date if it were just a correction of the acknowledgement certificate. You can't use the current date if the borrower didn't personally appear in front of you on that date.

I don't think corrections are specifically addressed in the CA notary manual, or if they are, I can't find the section.

Reply by srnotary_CA on 11/16/05 2:35pm
Msg #77012

Ok ......

So if you have to fill out another Sig Aff then they have to sign it and so you would have to do another ack which you can not back date. If I am reading tis right. You did one Sig Aff for both signers not two different ones right?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.