Notary Rotary
Signing this afternoon--help pls
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by ShirleyA on 11/5/05 12:44pm
Msg #74581

I received overnight docs this morning for a signing this afternoon. The borrowers name is XXXX, Jr. On one of the docs, his name is printed "Jr., XXX." So does he sign as XXXX, Jr. or as printed--Jr., XXX? The rest of the docs are correct, some of them leave off the Jr., but at least his name is in the right order!!

Also, on the Statement of Information form that wants all that private information that borrowers hate to fill out -- the names are not printed under the signature lines. I'm having a brain fade--now I can't remember if they usually have the names printed or not.

Thanks for your help.

Reply by cmd_NH on 11/5/05 12:58pm
Msg #74582

Try to get in touch with the ss or lo first. If not available, I would have the bo cross out the incorrect one, print the correct one and initial the change and then sign the way it should be. If they are filling out the Statement of information, they should sign it the same way as on the other docs. This is how I have done it in the past, both by being instructed to do or if they are not available. No complaints yet! Hope this helps.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.