Notary Rotary
Split signing, other notary used cert attached to deed, I
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by O/CNotary on 11/11/05 3:40pm
Msg #75956

attached my loose ack and since I always cross reference on both the doc and the cert, is it okay to put "see attached CA ack" and initial, at the end of the doc which is near the other notarys area?????

Reply by Charles_Ca on 11/11/05 3:51pm
Msg #75962

My personal preference is to reference the document I am notarizing on the acknowledgement certificate. That way the certificate can't be used for any thing else.

Reply by O/CNotary on 11/11/05 4:02pm
Msg #75971

I like to ref both in case the loose cert comes apart from

the doc, but is it okay to do in near the first notaries stamp??????

Reply by Charles_Ca on 11/11/05 4:28pm
Msg #75974

I missed you saying that you cross referenced in both directions, nothing wrong with your doing that. I don't know your specific document but if the other notary's acknowledgement is on its own page, as some are, I would put the cross reference on the signature sheet. If the signature sheet has the other notary's acknowledgement as part of the signature page then I would go ahead and cross reference on that page. Hope this helps. Anything that clarifies what you are notarizing is good, at least in my opinion: after all we are an integral part of the paper trail

Reply by O/CNotary on 11/11/05 4:33pm
Msg #75975

Charles: The signature line is on the same page s the notary

cert which was used by theother notary, that was the part that had me concerned. I atteched a loose ack referenced both the ack and the doc, initialed it and sent it off. I just wanted to be sure there wasnt some rule I was unaware of that stated a notary cannot enter anything in another notaries area, which was the only place there was room to write, "see attached CA cert" and initial. Thanks for your input.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.