Notary Rotary
Strange PDF Problems!
Notary Discussion History

Strange PDF Problems!
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by MBCA on 11/14/05 10:45am
Msg #76347

Strange PDF Problems!

Lately when I've tried to open certain PDF files from an e-mail or a website I've been getting a small square in the upper left hand corner of the page with red, blue and green inside the square and nothing else. I've tried just about everything to find out what the problem is and am really stumped! Checked with my internet server and they gave me usless info that didn't work. Even paid a website to tell me what was wrong and that didn't work!

If anyone has and insight into this problem I'd be so grateful!

Thanks

Reply by Art_MD on 11/14/05 10:49am
Msg #76349

Could be the following:

Security level is set high and isn't letting the file be downloaded.
Have you tried to download to desktop , then open from desktop?

Art

Reply by MBCA on 11/14/05 11:27am
Msg #76354

Art, Thanks for responding.
This is one of the answers I've gotten. I have microsoft windows XP and that could be one of the problems and I also have Netscape which allows you to download for an extra fee all kinds of virus protection that they say they can't take off until the end of the month! I also recently downloaded the microsoft updates in security and I might have shot myself in the foot with all this stuff!

Reply by DMARTZ_IN on 11/14/05 11:27am
Msg #76355

We have the same problem it started about 4 days ago. We turned of the security systems,tried the desktop advise from Art, all to no avail. By chance are you on Comcast?

Reply by MBCA on 11/14/05 11:30am
Msg #76356

No, I'm not DMARTZ, just regular dial up from Netscape.com!

Reply by Art_MD on 11/14/05 11:32am
Msg #76359

Re: Strange PDF Problems! try this

right click on the file, click save traget as xxxxx on desktop
save on computer this way and then open from desktop

Art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.