Notary Rotary
Tip of the day
Notary Discussion History

Tip of the day
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 11/1/05 10:16am
Msg #73369

Tip of the day

Just a lesson learned. Got slightly lost after a closing last night. I forgot to print return directions. Trying to reverse directions is a pain and can lead to getting lost.

so.... Make sure you print reverse directions. Some map programs do this with a click of a button.

Art

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/1/05 10:24am
Msg #73373

I take the directions to the place and then I try to do the opposite of how I got there, works sometimes, but I have got to be dyslexic!

Reply by HisHughness on 11/1/05 11:35am
Msg #73399

Charm moans:

***I have got to be dyslexic!***

Did you hear about the dyslexic atheist? He didn't believe there was a dog.

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/1/05 11:46am
Msg #73401

ROFLMAO! I sure do miss your posts HH...........n/m

Reply by Ted_MI on 11/1/05 1:34pm
Msg #73439

Charm,

My problem is when I have a signing in some humongous subdivision and then realize I really don't have any idea on how to get back to the main road.

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/1/05 2:14pm
Msg #73451

LOL! HH...and Ted...

yep, that's when I call home and ask Greg to get on the p.c. and find me. He says "Oh you're orbiting again? One time I put more miles on my car 'orbiting' than it took to get to the signing! I wonder if the borrowers thought I was nuts (if they saw me) after passing their house the fourth time. The first chance I get, I'm getting a compass so that I at least know in which direction I'm headed, I passed up my town and landed in Athens going the opposite direction. The only thing that made the ride nice was my new car and the bose speakers in the front...I was jammin' lol

Reply by BrendaTX on 11/1/05 3:04pm
Msg #73464

Re: Tip of the day and a small vent

**My problem is when I have a signing in some humongous subdivision and then realize I really don't have any idea on how to get back to the main road.**

I hate it when that happens...nearly every day. LOL.

My little GPS thing helps...if I program it...but I have nausea at the thought as I am sick of little gadgets...and I am sick of packages with directives and hate letters to notaries which contain misspelled words and incorrect usage of words like "your" rather than YOU're.

I am sick of Mapquest and Google directions...and computers make me wretch. Printers make me gag.

I am sick of moving! Daily de-cluttering and parsing through a lifetime of my stuff currently makes me run for the vomitorium...and, OMG, the anons are bringing on repeat episodes of Stomach Influ-anon-enza.

But, my dear friends, I do believe in the power of positive thinking. I don't like to be negative. So...I feel great about all the imagined nausea! Smiley

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/1/05 3:18pm
Msg #73465

Hey Brenda...

you want I should send you some 'pepto-dismal' ?

Reply by PJM/MI on 11/1/05 3:47pm
Msg #73471

Re: Tip of the day..LOST

Oh my gosh! And here I thought I was the only "dizzy" sa! Smiley I got into a cul-de-sac last week and I could not get out of that darn maze to save me! I was stuck in suburbia for over 15 minutes! While I was in the maze, a title co called me and we got to laughing so hard, I thought I was going to have knock on a door to use the restroom. I ownder if the borrowers were looking out their window and wondering why the heck that red truck keeps going' round and round.
I've gotten myself "lost" on more than one occassion and it's always leaving the borrowers home. I can't reverse directions very well.
And speaking of reverse.... a cold snowy night. I leave the borrowers and darn it! I ran over their mailbox! I ran back to the house, and apologizd PROFUSELY! I offered to buy them a new mailbox and post. The borrower just laughed and laughed.. his wife runs it over about every six months. Boy, did I feel dumb! And yes, (to those of you are without a sense of humor) I called the title co and told 'em what I had done.

Reply by TCMN on 11/1/05 4:02pm
Msg #73475

That is too funny PJM...I

also hate mapquest Brenda.
But PJM I thought that I was the only person who couldn't reverse directions very well. I hate it, I don't think I'm bad at the directions at all and usually I've always been able to fine where I need to be. But lately, its another story. I've gotten to the point sometimes to just go..."listen, could you let me know if I should be looking for a McD's or Wendy's, etc and then turn at the Target or what."

I've got it....I think I should create

www.LandmarkDirections.com
"Landmarks...the only way to get directions!"

That way you will just need to look for buildings, old historical sites or monuments, etc to turn at. Think that would work????

lolol

Reply by eXpedN_TX on 11/1/05 4:19pm
Msg #73478

Re: Tip of the day..LOST

I moved down to Dallas, TX (9) nine years ago. I was born and raised in Hanover, NH. Boy, was I constantly lost when I got here. I also got teased because I did not know how to pronounce Spanish names and I didn't know what a fajita was. Oh yeah, I was also trying to find a grocery store and ended up buying foods at a super walmart until I found out what Tom Thumb, Kroger, and Albertsons were. I had been looking for a Grand Union or P&C. It was very comical...well, now that I look back it is. Smiley

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.