Notary Rotary
Titleseach USA
Notary Discussion History

Titleseach USA
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Ellen on 11/30/05 9:40pm
Msg #79410

Titleseach USA

I received a call today from Titlesearch USA and acceptd the job. However I have now read all the negative feedback and just sent them a reply to their confimation letting them know due to their lack of payment to other notaires the only way I can accept this job was that when they send me the documents they enclose a check. Now I will wait for a response. Do you think I was wrong?

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/30/05 9:55pm
Msg #79419

I don't think it was necessary to request payment with the docs nor do I think they will prepay you. TitleSearch pays but you have to plan on 45 days or so before seeing it.

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 9:58pm
Msg #79420

Seriously, what is with the companies that don't pay for 45 days? I get paid from tc's before I can even blink and my checks to notaries are out pronto in the mail.

I've never known of this issue until I started reading this board. Do these ss's think that people don't need to eat, buy gas etc etc etc?????

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 10:38pm
Msg #79435

45 days is no big deal to me. Sure, I'd like to get paid w/i days of closing and I do with about 60% of the Cos that I work with. However, this is not a perfect world and not all TCs pay quickly either. I do a large bit of business with a TC that makes me wait up to 60 days to get paid. I'm still waiting to be paid for October closings.

What I hate is when I go three days in a row with no money in my mailbox! Grrrrr

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/30/05 10:45pm
Msg #79439

Many don't realize this is a pipe feeding money business. If you keep shoving in one end and it will eventually come out the other end.

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 10:51pm
Msg #79441

Ahh yes, Andy....

the pipe, the funnel and sometimes the vortex.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/1/05 1:21pm
Msg #79618

The problem is they are getting paid right away. Why make you wait 60 days? Is Citibank going to give you 60 days interest free on the gas you put in your car to go to the signing? People like you make it easy for them to sit on the money and earn 3% interest while your paying 20% on your credit card

Reply by Ellen on 12/1/05 10:56am
Msg #79535

Under normal circumstances I do wait for payment from most companies but when I read on the message boards that other notaries are having problems I am going to request payment up front. So I am letting you know that they responed to me and are federal expressing me my check with the package. Theres nothing wrong with asking for payment up front - our time is valuable too.

Reply by Markita_MI on 12/1/05 6:13am
Msg #79493

Totally not wrong! I have done the same thing with this company. I took a job while driving. Then, when I was able to check NotRot found that they did not pay and quickly rescinded my acceptance of the job all while advising the representative of their reputation of slow to no pay. The representative explained that they had problems in the past but are trying to change that. Nevertheless, to ease any anxiety I had about the job she volunteered to include my fee with next day documents. Of course I happily accepted and sure enough the check was there when I received documents.

Trust me a company with a bad reputation knows they have a bad reputation. YOU would not be a good business person if you ignored that and did not request payment up front. If they refuse, well you did not want to work for free anyway. That is just my humble opinion.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/1/05 7:01am
Msg #79495

Did a signing for them on September 8th, received check on November 25th.Their accountant ignored my messages, and faxed in invoices. He never answers his phone, nor does he return phone messages.

Reply by Anonymous on 12/1/05 7:59pm
Msg #79707

I did one for them on 8/26. I was very busy for the next few months, didn't do as much follow-up on A/R as I would have liked and thought I was going to have a problem with this one after reading all the comments. Without doing anything, I did finallyf get a check from them on 11/26. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't waste the time chasing after it although 90 days is a bit much! Maybe they're just digging out of a hole?

I agree with the pipeline theory. Once you get the pump primed and you have enough coming out the other end, it's less important when a check arrives, as long as it gets there. I manage my finances so that I pay all my credit cards in full each month. There are a bazillion other business expenses I'd rather spend money on than credit card interest!

Reply by Ellen on 12/2/05 11:30pm
Msg #80071

Thanks,
I did receive a separate Fed ex envelope with my check in it before I had to send the paperwork back to the company. I have been stiffed four times this year and I am being much more careful of who I work for.

Reply by deb_MD on 12/1/05 6:59am
Msg #79494

You did the right thing. My horror with this company that talk great up front then dodge you for payment. I performed a closing for this company in July after another notary cancelled on them at 8:30 p.m. This was an e-Doc package with over 150 pgs. To make a long story short, it took me exactly 75 days, with 3 telephone calls (that I actually spoke with the person that scheduled the closing with me) 2 nice letters and then one not so nice letter that was cc to the BBB and compliance office in Happague, NY, then I received payment. After speaking with people that tell you "oh we forgot, sorry", "we had other vendors that were more important to pay first", and then the famous "checks been mailed", by all means necessary ask for payment up front.

Reply by Anonymous on 2/9/06 4:42pm
Msg #95911

I've been waiting for payment since my closing of 12/15/05. After no calls or messages were returned from Titlesearch accounting or the owner, I emailed the lender (AMERQST) stating my case and that they too would be named in legal action as well as the borrower if payment was not received within 10 days.

2 hours later Titlesearch USA called me to tell me the check is in the mail. 20 minutes after that the president's office of AMERQST called me to inquire regarding my problem.

If they were up-front about paying really late (60 days+) I 'd know not to expect payment till then...I'd charge them more but I wouldn't initiate collection.

Has anyone NOT been paid by Titlesearch?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.