Notary Rotary
To: Tina_MA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Jerald Crimson on 11/19/05 9:57pm
Msg #77757

I am located in Middlesex county..... a small town called Shirley. Surely you must know the former Ft. Devens..... my town is connected to it.

Believe me, getting your FID card will be an excellent investment!! I don't think a loaded gun is needed, but mace/pepper spray is good enough.

I remember doing a couple signings in Dorchester and Roxbury. Scary enough for me, I was actually stopped by an SUV with three undercover police officers who questioned me as to my business in the area I was at.

I'm not racist, nor am I implying anything by this, but the officers were concerned because I was white walking around in a non-white neighborhood. They did tell me that I should carry a weapon, and to get out of there as soon as possible.

This made me very uncomfortable and I refuse to do signings by myself in that area. If by chance you do, then you are a brave woman!! Smiley . I won't go into certain neighborhoods by myself. There's no way in hell!!! LOL

Since that incident I have been using the buddy system and have a friend of mine go with me to house calls. So far no one has ever had a problem with this. Most, if not all, have actually said that it is a good idea.

Though we shouldn’t live our life in paranoia thinking we’re in danger all the time, we should be cautious and strive to protect ourselves if need be. Pepper spray is a good idea.

Reply by Jerald Crimson on 11/19/05 9:59pm
Msg #77758

Sorry... I should have put it in the original thread

My apologies in advance. I wasn't thinking and mistakenly posted this reply in a new thread. I sincerely apologize because I know that same topics should stay within the same thread.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.