Notary Rotary
To al the Vets on the forum
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Sylvia_FL on 11/11/05 8:29am
Msg #75837

On Veterans Day - I would like to thank each and every one of the veterans on this board for their service to this great country.
God Bless America and those who fought to keep it safe

Remembering

He still remembers the day he found
The coat his daddy wore.
The day he asked his mommy why
His Daddy went to war.

His mommy told him it was something
His daddy had to do.
He went to fight for freedom
And died protecting me and you.

He was so young he really didn't
Understand it all.
And he sure wished his daddy hadn't
Answered his country's call.

But now that he is older
He knows his dad was right.
There are times we have no choice
Sometimes we have to fight.

Yes he can still remember
How sad he was that day.
And he remembers mommy's tears
When she heard him say.

When I grow up I'm gonna be
A fighting man like dad.
And I will win the battles
Against the evil and the bad.

Today many just like him
proudly wear the uniform.
And we should tell them "Thank You"
For protecting us from harm.

Reply by PJM/MI on 11/11/05 8:44am
Msg #75839

Good post! "Thank you" from a woman who's family members proudly served the good ol' US!

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/11/05 9:27am
Msg #75851

Re: To all the Vets on the forum

Very nice Sylvia. I had many family members serve. From my Grandfather's down to my cousins. I saved this site a long time ago. Still every year that I read it I get all choked up. Mom goes every year to place a wreath on her Dad's grave, it's really a special feeling to stand amidst a sea of Veteran graves that are all being honored at the same time.
My contribution

http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/ladyblue3/

Reply by celeste pafford on 11/11/05 10:27am
Msg #75869

Thank you to all the people who risk their lives for us Americans, so we can live in the home of the free!!! Their fighting does not go unnoticed or unnappreciated.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 11/11/05 11:50am
Msg #75901

I also got this in my e-mail:

The elderly parking lot attendant wasn't in a good mood!

http://www.beforeyougo.us

Neither was Sam Bierstock. It was around 1 a.m., and Bierstock, a Delray Beach, Fla. , eye doctor, business consultant, corporate speaker and musician, was bone tired after appearing at an event.

He pulled up in his car, and the parking attendant began to speak. "I took two bullets for this country and look what I'm doing," he said bitterly.

At first, Bierstock didn't know what to say to the World War II veteran. But he rolled down his window and told the man, "Really, from the bottom of my heart, I want to thank you."

Then the old soldier began to cry.

"That really got to me," Bierstock says.

Cut to today.

Bierstock, 58, and John Melnick, 54, of Pompano Beach - a member of Bierstock's band, Dr. Sam and the Managed Care Band - have written a song inspired by that old soldier in the airport parking lot. The mournful "Before You Go" does more than salute those who fought in WWII. It encourages people to go out of their way to thank the aging warriors before they die.

"If we had lost that particular war, our whole way of life would have been shot," says Bierstock, who plays harmonica. "The WW 11soldiers are now dying at the rate of about 2,000 every day. I thought we needed to thank them."

The song is striking a chord. Within four days of Bierstock placing it on the Web http://www.beforeyougo.us, the song and accompanying photo essay have bounced around nine countries, producing tears and heartfelt thanks from veterans, their sons and daughters and grandchildren.

"It made me cry," wrote one veteran's son. Another sent an e-mail saying that only after his father consumed several glasses of wine would he discuss "the unspeakable horrors" he and other soldiers had witnessed in places such as Anzio, Iwo Jima, Bataan and Omaha Beach. "I can never thank them enough," the son wrote. "Thank you for thinking about them."

Bierstock and Melnick thought about shipping it off to a professional singer, maybe a Lee Greenwood type, but because time was running out for so many veterans, they decided it was best to release it quickly, for free, on the Web. They've sent the song to Sen. John McCain and others in Washington. Already they have been invited to perform it in Houston for a Veterans Day tribute - this after just a few days on the Web. They hope every veteran in America gets a chance to hear it.

Reply by CATHERINE VIGIL on 11/11/05 10:34am
Msg #75873

Thank you to all our Veterans from the bottom of my heart!!!!

Reply by Signing_Doc on 11/11/05 12:01pm
Msg #75907

Re: To al the Vets on the forum...From a Vet

From a disabled Vet (USAF), Thank you all for remembering us who served. It was my honor and priviledge to serve our country and I hope MORE people remember WHY we are observing this day, NOT just for the sales events or the day off. Thanks Again

SSgt Stuart Posner, USAF Ret...aka "The Signing Doc" Las Vegas NV

Reply by Brenda/CA on 11/11/05 2:08pm
Msg #75939

Re: To al the Vets on the forum...From a Vet

Thank you! You are the one who should be receiving thanks. Without you and all of our veterans, we would not be the USA. So again thank you, with peace and love.

Reply by jjill_CA on 11/11/05 12:02pm
Msg #75909

THANK YOU!!!!

Reply by Giselle_CA on 11/11/05 1:08pm
Msg #75924

Thank You and God Bless You!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.