Notary Rotary
What would you do.....
Notary Discussion History

What would you do.....
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Fp_CA on 11/20/05 8:37pm
Msg #77857

What would you do.....

A sigining company called me at 10 am for a signing friday at 4:30. I got the Edocs at 4:50 after calling them three times to ask what happend. I called the borrower to let him know that I will not make it on time. When I was ready to print the Edocs the SS called me and told me that ths signing was in hold. Probably til Monday. Shoul I charge the SS company?? How much??? What would you do???? Thank you very much for your advice.

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/20/05 9:52pm
Msg #77867

I have 2 recent examples 1) Had a signing on a Friday from a new co., printed docs long story short the borrower finally signed the following Wed. hoping to get repeat business from this co. ( I was happy w/ the fee) I decided not to charge for first printing.

2) New company calls for a signing 1/2 hr. away. The borrower actually lives 2hrs. away, they had listed the wrong info. I called and stated that I couldn't make it, they agreed to pay for the printing fee since it was no fault of mine and they actually appreciated me calling the borrower and getting the right info for them since the SS didn't speak Spanish (borrowers spoke Spanish).

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/20/05 10:00pm
Msg #77870

Did you print the docs? If not, what would you be charging for?

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/20/05 10:13pm
Msg #77873

Yes, I printed the docs but was not available to travel 2hrs (4 round trip)as opposed to 40 min. round trip. The docs had to be redrawn because of the wrong address .

Reply by Fp_CA on 11/20/05 10:11pm
Msg #77872

No I did not print any documents, but I receive another phone for another signing which I declined while I was waiting for this

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/20/05 10:14pm
Msg #77874

Re: Ooops thought you were referring to me Cali. n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/20/05 11:52pm
Msg #77884

That's just part of the business, things get cancelled. That we choose to decline a signing doesn't mean we're entitled to be paid for it by somebody else if it turns out we could have done it after all.

Reply by SLB SIGNING SERVICES, INC. - Sherry on 11/21/05 7:12am
Msg #77898

Cali...

I cannot believe this but for once, I actually agree with you....It must be a full moon or something.

Ditto what Cali said..it is just an unfortunate part of the business and hopefully if it reschedules, the SS will be kind enough to give it back to you.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/21/05 11:29am
Msg #77973

Re: Cali...

What's unfortunate is that you need the SS to be kind enough to give it back to you. I would have over booked and fit the closing in to my schedule.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/21/05 11:20am
Msg #77963

You need to factor in that this is your livelihood. Your time is worth money especially if you turn away another closing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.