Notary Rotary
Who out there has come up with a sure fire way to prove you
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Trish on 11/4/05 5:11pm
Msg #74428

I have worked for this company for three years. During which time I have saved many transactions by catching their mistakes prior to signings. They called me 4 days after a signing to inform me a certain doc was missing from the return packet; with a tone of voice all memories of those occasion I saved their backsides had been erase from their memories. I informed them (it) had been returned and where in the stack (it) could be located. They called back to tell me they had taken a second look and it was not there. The burden of proof falls on me… Even the borrower remembers signing and being given a copy of this allusive document. Any ideas or suggestions?

Reply by Anonymous on 11/4/05 5:14pm
Msg #74431

Which doc is it that is missing and how far are the borrower's from you?

Anon1

Reply by Trish on 11/4/05 5:28pm
Msg #74434

Sorry my question was too lengthy

What I meant: "Who out there has come up with a sure fire way to prove you returned all docs to a title company?"

I know how to resolve the issue…I took the borrower's copy, resigned and resent.

I really want to know how to prevent something as false as these claims are; as “not in the return package”! Of course it was but I can’t prove it!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/4/05 5:33pm
Msg #74436

Re: Sorry my question was too lengthy

Unfortunately, Trish once the package leaves our hands we can't prove it. Unless, you made a copy of the signed packet for your own files, which I wouldn't suggest because of identity issues.

Reply by Trish on 11/4/05 6:08pm
Msg #74449

We all make mistakes...

I take the attitude; don’t be concerned with who made the error but work together, get it corrected and move on. This signing took so much work & time it was like an endurance marathon. So when the accusation was made it rather shook my confidence. The borrower told me this was the second time this particular doc has mysteriously disappeared.

Reply by Cris_AR on 11/4/05 7:26pm
Msg #74459

I would not worry about it, if it is a good client I would let it go and go back to borrowers, if not I would most likely go back to the borrower although I would not accept any more signings from that particular company. Good Luck!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 11/5/05 8:50am
Msg #74541

Trish, this is what I do. After all docs are signed, the borrowers and I review the docs for any missed sig's ext, then I attach a binder clip to the docs and put them in the return envelope and seal it in front of the borrowers. If any docs "disappear" then the borrowers are my prove. There isn't a whole lot I can do if they require fax backs except knowing that I put all docs in the return envelope.

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 11/4/05 5:33pm
Msg #74437

That seems to be happening a lot lately. I also got one of those. On return to the borrowers house they told me they signed the form already. The only thing I could do is relay the information to the lender. I had no proof. Maybe we have to photo copy the whole package once it is signed. As they are trying to low ball us, their office personnel is probably not being paid enough to care.

Reply by thnotary_NY on 11/5/05 7:23am
Msg #74521

Trish, when you said.."The borrower told me this was the second time this particular doc has mysteriously disappeared. ", it sounds like this had happened from another closing. Interesting that it was the same doc.. Was it one that had to be notorized.? Or maybe a certificate itself.? You know how they like to throw in these extras and try to get you to sign them.?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.