Notary Rotary
Year End Signing Pace
Notary Discussion History

Year End Signing Pace
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by CarmFL on 11/12/05 5:41pm
Msg #76175

Year End Signing Pace

I thought November and December would taper off and be very slow but I have been super busy this month. Have you old-timers been busy year end? I know some are refinancing to pull cash for Christmas and others to avoid that December mortgage payment but never thought it would be more busy than ever this month.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 11/12/05 6:13pm
Msg #76183

Starting to pickup here. last week was kinda slow, only had 4 actual signings. Did two locals this afternoon, have 2 schedulled for Monday and both rural miles, ChaChing!! I Hope the last two months are good ones. The refi market here is still strong and the purchase market is picking up again. The niece already has a Xmas list of "I wants" longer then the hallway.

Reply by droman_IL on 11/13/05 9:49am
Msg #76231

My Nov/Dec have typically been slow, but steady enough to keep me above water thru the holidays. This year, I've also been super busy. I'm currently booked with closings through 11/28- that almost never happens!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 11/13/05 2:06pm
Msg #76274

The 2nd week of the month is usually the slowest anyway. I guess we'll see what happens Monday. I could be a lot busier if I did $50 signings.

Reply by Mike_AZ on 11/13/05 10:52pm
Msg #76308

So far, this fall is unusual.

In the past, Nov and Dec have been slow. Signings pick up late Jan.

But I have had many jobs in this first half of Nov. Many borrowers tell me that their loans have been in process for 2-3 months. So my current high volume could be to LO incompetence - these are loans that should have closed in October.

I also wonder if many LO's plan to take off for Thanksgiving thru end of month. For once, these short-attention-span boys are trying to get loans signed during the first half of the month. Fine with me!

"End of Dec" signings mean that borrowers would have started the loan process in early Nov.

Suffice to say: end of Dec signings are few and far between. I am leaving town mid-Dec to take a little vacation. I will be back and ready for EOM January!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.