anybody know of a good oath in Spanish?
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Mung/CA on 11/1/05 11:23pm
Msg #73581

anybody know of a good oath in Spanish?

Reply by TitleGalCA on 11/1/05 11:30pm
Msg #73583

End everything in an "O".

"Do you solemny swearo and affirmo upon pain of perjuryo that you are the persono...and the statementso in allegationso.."

Okay. Sorry - that was terrible. My bad. Search for a simple oath and translate it.

Frankly I don't have a clue...it's just the dog is asleep and I'm not.

Reply by Mung/CA on 11/1/05 11:53pm
Msg #73587

That actually might work...............I'll search

Reply by HisHughness on 11/2/05 12:02am
Msg #73589

Don't try this in the barrio

Mung/CA inquires:

*** anybody know of a good oath in Spanish?***

Try "Ustedes son los culos."

Then run.

Reply by Hampton_CA on 11/2/05 12:17am
Msg #73591

el hijo de una ramera!

I use this whenever I hit my thumb with a hammer.

Reply by John_NorCal on 11/2/05 10:11am
Msg #73650

I also use, "Hijo de la ________!" Better not say it here, Hampton might one up me!

Reply by BarbaraL_CA on 11/2/05 12:24am
Msg #73593

I don't know Spanish, but I went to http://world.altavista.com/ and entered the 2 oaths from the CA Handbook which are: (1) “Do you solemnly state that the evidence you shall give in this issue (or matter) shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you God?”
(2) “Do you solemnly state, under penalty of perjury, that the evidence that you shall give
in this issue (or matter) shall be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?”

then did a translate from English to Spanish and got:

(1) "le hace indica solemnemente que la evidencia que usted dará en esta edición (o materia) será la verdad, la verdad entera, y nada solamente la verdad, así que ayúdele el dios?"
(2) "le hace indica solemnemente, bajo pena del perjurio, que la evidencia que usted dará en esta edición (o materia) será la verdad, la verdad entera, y nada solamente la verdad?"

Reply by Anonymous on 11/2/05 1:24am
Msg #73595

Jose Quervo you are a friend of mine!

Reply by newlysmomva on 11/2/05 7:58am
Msg #73616

Re: Jose Quervo you are a friend of mine!

God, you are all so funny. Also appreciated the real one. Thanks.

Reply by Kelly M Robertson on 11/2/05 8:16am
Msg #73618

Here's the one I always use (I'm not bilingual so I guess you'll have to change to Spanish):
"Do you swear or affirm you signed these documents of your own free will, the statements you made are true and correct and you understood what you were signing?"

Reply by Mung/CA on 11/2/05 9:29am
Msg #73638

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

Reply by Jenny_CA on 11/2/05 11:36am
Msg #73675

You are all too funny.

I say : 1) "De mi propia voluntad juro ante Dios que toda la informacion sobre esta materia es la verdad y solamente la verda."

2)" De mi propia voluntad juro sobre pena de perjurio ......."

Bajo juramento---under oath Juramento falso----perjury Prestar juramento--to take an oath

My Spanish is not the best but I manage.

Reply by ivanafive on 11/2/05 3:32pm
Msg #73761

i've always like "madre de dios". it's like an all purpose oath. good luck :O)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.