Notary Rotary
initial the note every time?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Mung/CA on 11/15/05 12:48pm
Msg #76708

I know that the borrowers initial every page of the DOT. Usually there is a place for initials on the note. If there is none do you still have the borrowers initial the note? Thanks

Reply by MB_AZ on 11/15/05 12:51pm
Msg #76709

No initial lines, no initials. JMO

Reply by MB_AZ on 11/15/05 12:52pm
Msg #76710

Also, I've never had one come back on me for not initialing the note if no lines in place.

Reply by BetsyMI on 11/15/05 2:35pm
Msg #76744

I just filled out a contractor's agreement for a company who states in their rules "do NOT have the borrower initial every page of the DOT" and another that said "have the borrower initial each page of the DOT whether there is an initial line or not".

So you really need to read the rules sent to you by whoever schedules you to be sure. If it's not stated, maybe you want to save yourself a little grief by calling whoever hired you and ask them beforehand.

Reply by Mung/CA on 11/15/05 3:06pm
Msg #76750

Thanks. The DOT is to be initialed. I was wondering about the Note. I've heard of some SA's doing it and others not. There is no place for initials (on the Note).

Reply by BetsyMI on 11/15/05 4:09pm
Msg #76769

It seems to me that any Note that I have handled has always had a place for an initial.

Again, best to call who hired you before you second guess.

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/15/05 4:26pm
Msg #76781

Unless you're given instructions otherwise, only have things signed and initialled where indicated. It's their job to tell you if they want something done that's not on the docs, it's not our job to call and ask "just in case".

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.