Notary Rotary
long name - thank goodness I'm not in CA
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 11/17/05 7:33am
Msg #77130

Signing last night where the borrowers name was 31 characters long. Apparently, the program used by the title company could only handle 30. Last letter of name had to be added 30 times (and initialed).

Drivers License system in MD can only handle 30 characters. So, in order to get the last name in, they dropped a letter in the middle name. so, instead of "sara willingham beauregard", the license was "sara willingha beauregard". (yes, ficticious name) Docs were "sara willingham beauregar"

Wouldn't work in CA would it??? Under MD's ID requirements, I could complete the signing.

Art

Reply by LawrenceOK on 11/17/05 8:03am
Msg #77134

I have run into this problem twice. A lot of initialing on a darn piggy-back. Why don't they just initial the middle name, on the docs of course.

Reply by Blueink_CA on 11/17/05 11:16am
Msg #77188

California name game

You're right Art, that wouldn't work in CA. However, the bo could provide two witnesses (usually neighbors) that would swear (or affirm) the identity of Sara Willingham Beauregard. This always amazes me. Do you know your neighbor's middle name? I don't!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.