Notary Rotary
loose ackowledgement
Notary Discussion History

loose ackowledgement
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/29/05 8:21pm
Msg #79104

loose ackowledgement

i do not understand loose acknowledgements, i had a ss co ask me to send them loose ackowledgements , i asked what they were going to be attached to they didnt know they will get back to me ....loose acknowledgements?

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/29/05 8:31pm
Msg #79106

Hello troll are you bored?.....................n/m

Reply by Art_MD on 11/29/05 8:37pm
Msg #79109

Re: becca...

I was a bit bored and gave the poster the benefit of the doubt and answered.

Art

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/29/05 8:48pm
Msg #79112

Re: Art...

that was very nice of you.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/29/05 9:10pm
Msg #79122

Re: Hello troll -> Becca

**Hello troll are you bored?.....................n/m**

You are right, I think. The longer it is here, the more it smells like it's been living under the bridge with the Three Billy Goats Gruff. If it has a computer and knows how to sign up and post, it cannot be that ignorant.

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/29/05 9:18pm
Msg #79124

Well Brenda, one would think...

and we can only hope that this is indeed the case.

BTW, I'll be in your neck of the woods in the next few weeks. Drop me a line, we'll talk. Are you up for some good Tex-Mex and/or BBQ? OR maybe just two hot middle aged female Notaries out for a night on the town.

Reply by BrendaTx on 11/29/05 10:00pm
Msg #79140

Re: Well Brenda - Okay, Becca I will email. n/m

Reply by Art_MD on 11/29/05 8:35pm
Msg #79107

I'll be brief.

If you have a doc which doesn't have room for your full notorial lact - signature, stamp, and other stuff required by your state, you may have to use a loose acknowledgement. That is a form that has the correct wording, spaces etc needed. Usually, (and I woouldn't think of using one without), there is space to describe the document, the # of pages, and other info. There is space for a fingerprint.

Often, as reported on this board, a SS or TC will ask you to send a loose acknowledgement. This is in effect giving them the ability to attach the acknowledgement to any doc they want to. You could get into deep doo-doo if they attached it to a false or altered doc.

I won't get into the legalities of loose acknowledgements.

If a SS/TC says you need to send a loose acknowlegement because you missed notarizing a place you should have notarized ---- beware. They have been known to have a doc signed by the borrower that they forgot to send in the package and are trying to get a notary certificate attached at no cost.

If you do a search on this site for "acknowledgement" and "loose", you read a great deal on this subject. You also find how people cover their butts - i.e. Have them fax you what they say you missed. They are other suggestions.

Good luck.

Art

Reply by Anonymous on 11/29/05 8:49pm
Msg #79113

i asked them to send me the original overnight so i can see what needs to be notarized if it was my error.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/29/05 9:08pm
Msg #79121

thanks art

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.