Notary Rotary
new to notary
Notary Discussion History

new to notary
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/28/05 12:39am
Msg #78860

new to notary

my name is travis and i live in lodi ca about 45 minutes south of sacramento. i just got my notary and have not yet got everything filed, and will be doing a real estate class. was wondering if there was a "standard" rate or fee that notaries where charging???? also how do you guys/gals drum up business. by day i'm a full time stay at home dad with twins so pounding the pavement during the day can be tough.

thanks travis

Reply by Brasring_Ca on 11/28/05 1:21am
Msg #78861

Travis, try typing in the word fees, notary fees or signing fees and using the orange search button. This should give you some place to start. Smiley Jenifer

Reply by REE_NJ on 11/28/05 7:48am
Msg #78868

Also read message #33325, excellent thread.

Reply by Danny_FL on 11/28/05 9:46am
Msg #78879

lets hear it for Tokey Grapes!!

anyway, welcome to the club.

Remember to use the 'Search' button if you have a question. Save you from alot of Friendly bantering...

Danny

Reply by Roger_OH on 11/28/05 12:06pm
Msg #78914

Travis, do read carefully the thread mentioned, and ensure that this is something you are going to be able to commit to. Holding the office of notary public is a public trust, and one that should not be taken lightly as just the path to being able to do loan signings. You may be limiting the opportunities available to you due to the restrictions of your schedule (although many folks do signings part-time), and ask yourself if the income will justify your availability and investment in what is YOUR business. Expenses of cell phone, fax/copier/LASER printer, paper, toner, PCL6 compatible computer (for emailed docs), etc, etc. Read the thread and make your own decision, but go into it with your eyes wide open.

Reply by MeganCA on 11/28/05 12:27pm
Msg #78921

Travis, I am in Southern CA, and pretty much only do this part time. I am a stay at home mom, and I love this job. I have many restrictions considering I have a 1 year old, 8year old, and my husband works nights. It still seems to work out for me money wise. I may have been lucky and had all the equipment before I even thought of becomming a notary. If I can't take the job then that means another notary is just making a little more than me, I am ok with that. I found it pretty easy to work around everything as long as you have a person that can babysit for you. I have my parents to help when needed.

Just take a deep breath and see what you can do with the time that you have. Enjoy this job, because it is a lot of fun (most of the time).

Reply by KBLedgard_CA on 11/28/05 11:59pm
Msg #78975

Megan,

What part of Southern CA are you in? I'm down in San Diego.

Reply by travis faherty on 11/28/05 1:46pm
Msg #78926

well i 'm new and not clear on e docs but my instructor said avoid them if possible, what the skinny on them??? ever document i've had notorized i was sent them via a carrier(fed ex or the like) and i will/can only take jobs between certain hours, if that restricts me then so be it. sorry its either me or the wife watching the kids. paying for drop off at a whim child care is insane here. guess i'll see how it works out. thanks

Reply by Anonymous on 11/28/05 3:13pm
Msg #78942

It's hard to stay away from edocs. Its great when you don't have to do them, but 90% of the work that I get from ss are edocs.

And try to stay away from child care, I am sure you know the best child care is you.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.