Notary Rotary
new to the game
Notary Discussion History

new to the game
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 11/30/05 9:47am
Msg #79193

new to the game

Looking for a mentor in Dallas,Tx., Mesquite, Richardson, Plano, or Garland to show me the ropes re: procedures. I am slightly familiar with some procedures, but would like to see a complete signing done. Any takers , please e-mail at [e-mail address]

Reply by BetsyMI on 11/30/05 9:50am
Msg #79197

Use the orange search button at the top of your screen, and type in "newbie" or "mentor". I'm sure you'll find some interesting reading.

You'll need to be more than "slightly familiar" with notary procedures to get into this business.

Good luck!

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/30/05 10:00am
Msg #79203

See post number 33325. Good luck!

Reply by Anonymous on 11/30/05 10:19am
Msg #79216

Where do I find this posting #33325?

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/30/05 10:20am
Msg #79217

orange search button, type in number

Reply by Nate_MN on 11/30/05 10:55am
Msg #79235

I don't think you need to know anything about loan closings or notary procedures to get into this business. Clearly the original poster is looking for a mentor to teach them that. You may have a tough time finding someone willing to be your mentor. It's an interesting situation when you train your competition. I have trained two people for this business, one worked out and has since trained someone else. The other did not make it very far. I of course don't blame people for not training new Signing Agents. I currently know three people that want to learn how to do closings, and I am willing to show them all. However, what I tell all of them is that I think they are late to the game, as you may well be.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.