Notary Rotary
received no edocs
Notary Discussion History

received no edocs
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by trose_OR on 11/30/05 9:34pm
Msg #79408

received no edocs

I accepted a signing yesterday for 7:00 pm tonight. SS met my fee without negotiation. Said it was edocs and they would get them to me today. By 1:00, I hadn't received anything. Called SS, they said they'd get right on it. By 3:00, still no docs. I had a 5:00 scheduled where I had to leave by 4:30 to get there. I spoke to SS several times between 3:00 and 4:30. I received an email, but no attachments. At 4:25 I had to cancel the signing since there was no way for me to get the docs before 7:00. SS acted like it was my fault. Any suggestions on what I could have done differently?

Reply by Stamper_WI on 11/30/05 9:39pm
Msg #79409

I never got my doc's either. moved the signing back twice with finally a"when they get here" tc called me at 9pm and said they still weren't ready. In the meantime it has started to snow to beat the band here so I am happy not to be going out!

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 10:35pm
Msg #79433

Storm warning here as well. And we NEVER get snow! I am also glad to be home a little earlier than originally planned. Hope you're all cozy!

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/30/05 9:47pm
Msg #79413

The only thing I would suggest is that you spend a lot less time talking to the SS in these situations. There is really no reason for several calls in an hour and half time span. If they didn't send you the docs, they didn't send you the docs, ain't a lot you can do about it.

I take it back, I would suggest one more thing - tell the SS what time you need the docs by. In their mind you have nothing better to do than sit and wait for them to send them to you, and if they show up 30 minutes before the signing they think that's fine. If you have other signings and aren't going to be able to print last minute docs then you need to give them a cutoff time and stick to it.

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 9:51pm
Msg #79417

I guess I should have stated that in my first post. I told the SS that I needed them by 3:00, 3:30 at the latest. But you are right and I appreciate your response/advice. Thanks! :-)

Reply by CaliNotary on 11/30/05 9:53pm
Msg #79418

Well then you did all you could do. If the signing service wants to somehow make this out to be your fault that's no surprise. Everything is our fault when it goes wrong, didn't you know that?

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 10:01pm
Msg #79421

I'm learning it VERY quickly! :-)

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/30/05 9:50pm
Msg #79415

Give them a *drop dead* time that you must have the docs.

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 10:32pm
Msg #79430

I wanted to tell the girl at the SS to drop dead. Thanks for your advice! :-)

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/30/05 10:35pm
Msg #79432

Mobile office is the way to go

I doubt if anyone would give a dead line for docs when it's the only signing for her/him in that given day. I always let the borrowers know about the situation (late docs) to see if they would be flexible with the delay before contacting the hiring company.

Stressing over late docs is bad enough, but loosing (cancel) an assignment b/c of it is even worse. Having a mobile office will capitalize on situation like this and better time management for your business.

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 10:40pm
Msg #79436

Re: Mobile office is the way to go

Nd.......I just got everything up and running for mobile officing and I LOVE IT! Thanks to Becca's recommendations I can now run everything out of my suv including printing docs. No more running to the office or home just to "print" or "wait". It's kinda pricey to get started but SO worth it!

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/30/05 10:52pm
Msg #79443

I installed everything myself (inverter, laptop, printer, etc) for about $700. I can make it to an appointment with in 1/2 hour of receving docs by download/saved to my jump drive then plug into the laptop and let it print while driving. I've gotten lots repeat business & higher fee b/c some borrowers thought it's neat (full service) then rave about it with their LO/Lender.

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 10:57pm
Msg #79449

Nd, what's a jump drive?

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/30/05 11:02pm
Msg #79454

Re: Mobile office is the way to go...NM_CO

Jump drive is a mini USB flash storage device (hard drive) with the same technology as those flash memory cards used in digital cameras to store pictures.

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:11pm
Msg #79460

Re: Mobile office is the way to go...NM_CO

Ooooohhhh, ok, I know what you're talking about now. So, if you don't mind explaining, what are the advantages of that compared to your regular hard drive and then deleting the docs later?

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 11:24pm
Msg #79471

Re: Mobile office is the way to go...Andy

Yeah Andy - I have a external drive thingy but have not found a use for it yet. I can see why it would be useful if I had two computers, but as of now I don't.

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 11:00pm
Msg #79452

Andy, Mobile office is the way to go

How do you keep from making a mess of the docs while printing in route? I've not attempted this yet, as I'm affraid (with the way I drive) that the docs will spill out of the printer and all over the floor of my SUV. However, I'm very comfortable printing in the brws driveway or the company's parking lot.

I love to see the look on the brws faces (after they forgot to get a copy of their DLs) when I say not a problem, I have a copy machine in my car.

Reply by BP/WV on 11/30/05 11:03pm
Msg #79455

If your car was broken into and your equipment is stolen, would your insurance cover the loss?

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 11:08pm
Msg #79457

Depends on the type of coverage you have.......n/m

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:09pm
Msg #79458

Re: Andy, Mobile office is the way to go

lol!!!

My husband mounted the printer to the back and it has this homemade catcher so the docs don't go haywire on me in the back. The only "catcher" is that if it runs out of paper or gets stuck then I'm going crazy up front wondering what is going on "back there". But so far so good.

I have 3 car lighters so all of them are equipped with the inverters, lol. I look like an idiot driving down the road I'm sure of it! How often do you see a cookie cutter wife driving an X5 with a computer, copier and laser printer in the car!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!

But in all honesty, thanks Becca because if it weren't for you turning me onto it last week or two weeks ago whenever it was that we talked about it on here I never would have spent the time or money to get "equipped".

It IS funny when you start telling tc's, sa's and ss's about your set up, they think that is SO amazing.

Ok, this post has turned into a book. I'll shush.

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 11:13pm
Msg #79463

I'm glad I inspired you to take the next step...

your bank account will thank you for taking it too.

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:17pm
Msg #79466

Re: I'm glad I inspired you to take the next step...

OH YES it has Becca! Thank god I had a great November!

I posted a new thread about a week ago asking for you to email me your info so I could give it to Verizon but maybe you didn't see the thread? I accidentally addressed it to another user in the original thread but then remembered later in that day that it was you I was talking with on here.

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 11:19pm
Msg #79468

I didn't see it. DARN!..........n/m

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/30/05 11:10pm
Msg #79459

Re: Andy, Mobile office is the way to go...Becca

I installed everything from front to back on the passenger side.

-Inverter mounted against the firewall under the dash board.
-Laptop sit on front passenger seat.
-Printer (dell1700 dual trays) sits on the floor between the front/rear seat.
-Supplies (clips, rubber band) in arm rest compartment.

I just reach over to hold down the paper when making a turn or grab it when it start piling.

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:13pm
Msg #79462

Re: Andy, Mobile office is the way to go...Becca

omg, nd, your post regarding your set up in your car just made me laugh so hard I think I woke the neighbors!

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 11:16pm
Msg #79465

Geeez Andy...

no wonder you don't like driving in rush hour traffic. How does one do all that PLUS talk on the phone, drink tea, smoke and drive? I need a third arm. ;-)

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:19pm
Msg #79469

Re: Geeez Andy...

lol.

Tea/Coffee goes in cup holder.
Cigarette in left hand so the smoke goes out of the window.
Phone is built into the car or talk on speaker or that wire thingy that goes in your ear.

Smiley

Pretty soon we won't even need a house to sleep in. It will all be set up behind the car, well wait come to think of it, there are RV's! :D

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 11:26pm
Msg #79472

Ahh I forgot...

I do have a blue tooth. I just forget to grab it when I'm running out the door.

Okay, blue tooth = third arm

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/30/05 10:41pm
Msg #79437

Trose...

Where in OR are you? I cover both Vancouver & Portland. Let me know b/c I seldom take appointment for PDX during traffic hours. I turned one down yesterday for an overnight doc with 4PM appt. today.

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 10:55pm
Msg #79445

Re: Trose...

Unfortunately I live in Albany. I'm about 80 miles south of pdx and I don't even like to drive THROUGH it. Don't blame you one bit for not driving in that rat race during traffic. 205 is the worst! We drove through there once at 2am and it STILL was a mess. Between road construction and drunk drivers....we were lucky to make it through! Thanks for the thought though! If you ever get anything out of the Salem area that you can't do, I'd be happy to help if I can!

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/30/05 10:57pm
Msg #79450

Re: Trose...Can you email me your info?.....n/m

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 11:01pm
Msg #79453

Nd_WA--sent :-)

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 11:34pm
Msg #79478

Re: Trose...

I wish you well driving in the snow tomorrow! Hopefully all the crazy ones will stay home!

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 10:46pm
Msg #79440

Preaching to the choir here my techie friend..........n/m

Reply by Nd_WA on 11/30/05 10:55pm
Msg #79446

Re: Preaching to the choir here my techie friend..........n/m

Just trying to induce some business sense, that's all.

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 11:07pm
Msg #79456

Andy, speaking of business sense...

Would you please email me. I'd like to find a low cost "Plan B" laptop to keep in my car.

TIA

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:15pm
Msg #79464

Re: Andy, speaking of business sense...

Becca, I have another Dell Laptop Latitude for sale for 350 if you're interested. I was just getting ready to put it up on eBay because I bought the Toshiba Satellite, I think you have this one too? Anyway, It has a wireless card but only for the house, a router, cd drive, two batteries, charger, xp and xp office loaded on it.

Reply by Becca_FL on 11/30/05 11:18pm
Msg #79467

NM_CO, email me w/ the info & we'll talk.....n/m

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:32pm
Msg #79475

Re: Andy, speaking of business sense...

I forgot to add it has a docking station too.

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 10:51pm
Msg #79442

Re: received no edocs***A new twist

I just received a call from SS to apologize if she was abrupt. Said person I was dealing with all afternoon was learning and didn't understand deadlines. Made me feel MUCH better since I stewed about it all evening. Just thought I'd let everyone know there was a happy ending.

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 10:57pm
Msg #79447

And THANKS for all your kind advice!

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:29pm
Msg #79473

Re: And THANKS for all your kind advice!

Ya sorry Trose. The computer nerds (me and a few others) hijacked your thread!

Anyone who comes into this thread is going to think we are a bunch of clusters and their eyes are going to get crossed because there are so many posts going in so many directions.

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 11:32pm
Msg #79474

No apology necessary! I'm soaking it all up like a sponge. It's fun to see where some of these threads end up!

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:33pm
Msg #79477

Glad to hear she called you back. Feeling a bit more calm now?

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 11:36pm
Msg #79479

Absolutely. I was mad at SS and felt bad for the BO. It's nice to know that some have a conscience. I'm just starting out and I'm wary after some of the posts I've read on here about SS's.

Reply by NM_CO on 11/30/05 11:41pm
Msg #79480

Trust me, they are not all like that. Out of all of the signings I have done in my time with ss's I have only come across 1 that I absolutely hate now. But I got them back. They never paid and when I got married back in August my name changed so the dummy called me again not realizing she was calling ME and I took the 6 back to back jobs she assigned at the tc directly for me to do. I never showed up.

Reply by trose_OR on 11/30/05 11:57pm
Msg #79483

It's good to know! I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. That was my first negative encounter and it turned positive. I'll cross my fingers and hope that they all end up that way.

Reply by Becca_FL on 12/1/05 12:17am
Msg #79486

NM

>>>so the dummy called me again not realizing she was calling ME and I took the 6 back to back jobs she assigned at the tc directly for me to do. I never showed up.<<<

Not good :(

Reply by NM_CO on 12/1/05 9:11am
Msg #79508

Re: NM

I hear you Becca but she owes me a lot of money.

Reply by Charm_AL on 12/1/05 10:42am
Msg #79528

Re: NM

>>>so the dummy called me again not realizing she was calling ME and I took the 6 back to back jobs she assigned at the tc directly for me to do. I never showed up.<<<

and then later add...

>>>I hear you Becca but she owes me a lot of money. <<<

How unprofessional and immature to mess with borrowers like you did. Your problem is with the company not with 6-12 innocent borrowers! You're lucky you are posting anon or you'd be out of work soon. I hope you carry E&O...and lots of it.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.