Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
ugh! printers! Dell 1700 paper won't feed...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by LauriecPA on 11/4/05 4:54pm
Msg #74419

I just bought a brand new printer b/c my Dell 1700 wouldn't catch the paper through the "feeder". It was still under warranty, but I bought another one to use as a spare, so I wouldn't run into the trouble I ran into last week when I was left w/o one. I had my first email job today and got the docs @3:30. At 5:30 I was STILL printing b/c guess what? The new printer is doing the same thing! Does anyone else have this printer and have the same difficulty? I've tried moving it from one place to another, in case that shelf was "off balance". lol I take the tray out and move the blue thing back and forth, make the paper pile lower or higher, turn it off and on, you know, all the stuff. Maybe I just have a black cloud over my head....

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/4/05 5:26pm
Msg #74433

what do the printer specs say about paper weight, and what weight are you using?

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 11/4/05 5:44pm
Msg #74445

Are you printing a short doc on legal paper? My Dell 1600 kept jamming when I accidentally did that a few times. It realizes there is nothing else on the doc, so it stops printing and subsequently jams.

Reply by Anonymous on 11/4/05 7:33pm
Msg #74460

I have that same printer and had the same problem. You can email me and maybe I can help.

Reply by Elisa Rister on 11/4/05 7:34pm
Msg #74461

you can email me and maybe I can help. I had that same problem. [e-mail address]

Reply by Brenda_AR on 11/4/05 7:53pm
Msg #74463

I bought the same printer, upgraded the memory, bought the second tray and never could get it to stop with paper jams. After Dell sent me my third printer over a three or four month period I gave up. Went back to my old HP standby and it now sits in the corner collecting dust. I thought about selling it, but I don't think I can get back what I paid for it. I have 3 dell computers and have never had any trouble with them, but I think I'll stick with HP printers.

Reply by LauriecPA on 11/4/05 9:13pm
Msg #74479

Thanks for the suggestions! I use the same paper I have used for years, which I used in my previous (two) Dell printers. (Staples paper!) When I first started out with edocs, I had trouble with an HP with the Dell computer...it wasn't compatible. Then I tried another brand of printer, and that was worse. (The HP and the other printer would print hearts and symbols instead of what was written on the docs... and they were pcl6...) Then, I got a Dell 1500 and it worked like a charm! It lasted a year. I got the 1700 in May to replace it b/c the 1500 was obsolete. It worked until last week, but, this one! Jeez! Just out of the box and I spent over two hours printing the docs and guess what????? The BO takes one look at the HUD and says "I'm not signing this! Look at those settlement fees!" ("Please sign...do you know how long it took me to print these?????)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.