Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
very sneaky virus - or I'm just highly gullible!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by ReneeK_MI on 11/4/05 4:54am
Msg #74146

I know just enough about computers to be very dangerous ... I fell prey to this virus attack!

I have a website, my e-mail domain is hosted thru that (hope I've worded that correctly?). Started getting e-mails from MY domain name ([e-mail address]), from various 'user' names like "registration@", "Webmaster@", etc. E-mails giving me notice that my account needed to be updated, that my account was being suspended, that my account was terminated for producing spam, etc. All things that caused me immediate panic!

They all had attachments ... of course, I opened ONE before I could reach my personal techie, who responded to me with loud guttural sounds, like "AUGGGGHHHH!"

Feel pretty silly now, having bitten the bait - but happy to pass along the warning!

Reply by PJM/MI on 11/4/05 5:39am
Msg #74155

YIKES! NEVER EVER open up any mail you don't know who it's from. Lately I've been getting the email from Nigeria...gee..think I oughta fly there and get my millions of dollars? Smiley Then I could quit being a closing agent and move to a nice, sunny beach.

Reply by ReneeK_MI on 11/4/05 6:17am
Msg #74166

It was a Trojan Horse - and me, I like to learn most things the HARD way! I can't believe I was that gullible.

Reply by PJM/MI on 11/4/05 6:54am
Msg #74179

Ah geez.. happens to the best of us!

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/4/05 7:57am
Msg #74184

I sent out a warning...

a few months ago I posted to all here that someone had been sending me an attachment from my own carrier (knology) with all kinds of warnings! I never opened any of the hundred or so I received over a two month period. They were relentless!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.