Notary Rotary
well this stinks.........
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by Mung/CA on 11/2/05 3:47pm
Msg #73770

I contacted the tc to get the phone number for the borrowers. I'm doing the signing today at 5PM at their house. tc doesn't have a phone number but has the broker's #. Fine, I'll call the broker. No answer. the borrower's home is located in a new subdivision that isn't on Mapquest or Yahoo maps yet. tc states lender wants copies of ID's. I don't have a mobile copier and won't be able to contact the bo's until I see them at the signing. Which means what? That I'm going to have to run out to copy the ID's?

Opinions/advice.........

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/2/05 3:48pm
Msg #73772

Re: check the loan app for BO's home/work numbers

Reply by Tennessee on 11/2/05 3:49pm
Msg #73774

Take a digital camera with ya! n/m

Reply by lulu on 11/2/05 3:52pm
Msg #73780

Re: Take a digital camera with ya! n/m

I can never get a clear picture this way, but then I've never been good at taking a non-blurry picture on my digital either. Smiley

Reply by Mung/CA on 11/2/05 3:50pm
Msg #73775

I did. No numbers at all

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/2/05 3:51pm
Msg #73778

Re: I did. No numbers at all

look at the last page of the loan app of the name of the loan officer who took the loan info. There is usually a name and phone number there. If so, I'd call that number in an effort to get the BO's numbers.

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/2/05 3:53pm
Msg #73782

Re: I did. No numbers at all

Go to the appointment anyway...If they aren't there, you'll charge a trip fee. Also, you have no way to tell them to get a copy and if you do not have a digital camera, just ask them to send a copy into the LO as soon as they can. Nothing you can do about it.
That's another pet peeve - why doesn't anyone let them know they need this while they are communicating with the borrowers!!!

Reply by lulu on 11/2/05 3:51pm
Msg #73777

When I've run into this, I ask the borrower if they could make a copy the next morning and fax it to me.

Reply by Dave_CA on 11/2/05 3:56pm
Msg #73786

You may find phone numbers if you can check the 1003.
If not you might try a digital camera or the camera on your cell phone.
If you don't have either I would not worry too much. If title can't give you a phone number you've done all you can and you don't need to run out and make copies. Title can always get them later.
The other possibility is that the borrowers may have a scanner or fax and could copy the ID that way. You can tape the ID to a piece of paper if the scanner or fax does not have a flatbed.

The bottom line is you have made a valid attempt. Don't stress over it.

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/2/05 3:57pm
Msg #73787

I wouldn't worry about the ID's at this point. As for driving directions, there are several new driving program/maps if you do a search on the internet of "driving directions." I can't remember which one I found frequently but it had a brand spankin' new subdivision.

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/2/05 3:58pm
Msg #73789

Re: Recently - not frequently nm

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/2/05 4:00pm
Msg #73791

maponus.com has

a cool feature, you put your address in the start and end and type borrower's location in the middle as an added stop. Don't know how up to date they are though.

Reply by Mung/CA on 11/2/05 4:01pm
Msg #73792

there's no 1003. tc said not to worry about

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/2/05 4:05pm
Msg #73794

make that mapsonus.com.....n/m

Reply by CarolynCO on 11/2/05 4:06pm
Msg #73795

Re: randmcnally.com nm

Reply by NY_TaxLady on 11/2/05 5:58pm
Msg #73826

Directions-Try Google for directions.

They are ususually more up to date.

Reply by Giselle_CA on 11/2/05 4:05pm
Msg #73793

If the appt day/time was on the confirmation, I would go to the appt. Most likely the day/time was already set up. If you can't get the copies of Id's, let them know to fax them to you asap. Don't stress over it. You already spoke to tc. You do what you can do. Regarding directions, there was a message on which online sites are the best to use. Google, I think, has the most accurate info. Good luck!

Reply by Mung/CA on 11/2/05 4:10pm
Msg #73800

Hallelujah!!! I found a map, but..........

I'm going to show up at the appointment time. What if one of the parties can't be there? Should I proceed with signing and just cross out the other person or reschedule? It's a couple doing a refi. The male borrower is adding his wife to the title. As a result the wife only has to give a couple of signatures and initials. The husband (main) has to give a lot more.

Reply by Rick_NY on 11/2/05 4:12pm
Msg #73802

This may be after the fact, but I have had one of the borrowers follow me to the copier place with the i.d.s to get the copies done.

Sometimes somebody tells them somewehrre along the line to get the copies done or the people have a flat bed scanner/copier at home. [They're $74.99 in Target now, by HP!!]

Hope it worked out.

Reply by Mung/CA on 11/2/05 4:23pm
Msg #73803

No too late. It's 2:23 PM now

Reply by CrystalT_FL on 11/3/05 8:41am
Msg #73901

If I cant find an address on mapquest because its too new, I can usually find it on the county's tax assessor / property appraiser web site (I realize not everyone's county has this). Ours has arial maps of the new streets etc.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 11/3/05 10:51am
Msg #73946

And Google maps are more up-to-date than the county online maps in many cases here in West Central Florida.

Just the other day, I couldn't locate an address using my standard mapping software. County map didn't show it either. Google did and provided great directions too. (County map actually showed the street, but it wasn't named correctly!)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.