Notary Discussion History

wish they all were
Go Back to November, 2005 Index

Posted by TCMN on 11/11/05 6:00pm
Msg #76015

wish they all were

just like this...

confirmation....
this closing is not set, call borrower to set it up when you have docs. The docs could come anytime and could take several days even. Just don't contact borrower until you get docs.

get docs with THIS statement 2 days later:

Doc package is good for 30 days, please make sure you have printed everything attached. The ONLY thing you can change is the RTC dates. Have borrower initial the change but otherwise everything else must stay as printed. If changes need to be made beyond that you must contact us and docs will be redrawn. Contact the borrower within the first 48 hours of receiving this email and schedule the signing at a convienant time for both you AND the borrower. Return package upon completing signing.
Thank you

WHY oh WHY can't they ALL do that? I mean, do they not realize that the borrowers, theirs and our world would be such a happier place if they did? Do they not realize that IF they ALL did this, they could eliminate the middleman and probably get us all doing them for a standard fee & just have to pay extra IF the drive is an extended length?

I would love to take every one of these AND drive a little further JUST to have that flexability!

jmho

Reply by REE_NJ on 11/11/05 11:23pm
Msg #76070

Yes, I like when the signing service or title company are upfront about the uncertainty of when E-docs will be received, therefore, leaving it open for you to schedule the appt. with the borrower without any hassles. The most problematic thing is to continuously call the borrower to advise them you are not showing up at x time due to delay in documents received. Most borrowers do not understand or due to their schedule want to wait if they have other plans, which can mean you would have to meet them very late at night (9PM-11PM) just so the loan can still close without redrawing docs.

I was reading the board earlier and I will do like one of the NSA's stated and begin informing my clients upfront if they can not meet the required deadline to meet a scheduled appt. time; then I will need to perform that closing later in the day. Why should you have to delay a closing set for x time because you failed to receive the docs accordingly for the earlier closing.

It is amazing on how often I have E-docs for a closing at 6PM early in the day but I could still be waiting for docs at 12:45PM for a 1PM closing. Gotta love it!

Reply by LawrenceOK on 11/12/05 10:51am
Msg #76144

I get these from NERIS and LSI. It sure makes my day go easier. I personally think they should all be done this way.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.