Notary Rotary
50 State notary
Notary Discussion History

50 State notary
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/23/05 9:53pm
Msg #72019

50 State notary

Anyone ever listen to 50 State Notary teleconferences. I was quite shocked that when asked what is the aggregate adjustment, Victoria Rivera had no clue what it was. She said she couldn't really explain it. It was explained by another notary.

Reply by TCMN on 10/23/05 10:25pm
Msg #72020

I have sat in on two (one when Victoria Ring was doing it and one when Victoria Rivera) and thought that it was quite rude that when a notary was saying something that V.Rivera didn't agree with she chuckled, and right in the middle of them talking. Like something they said wasn't worth letting them finish. I forgot what it was they even asked because I thought it so disrespectful. Then she talked about HP printers and said you will always have problems if you don't use an HP. That seemed quite the statement since I have a Brother and never had a problem.
When I listened to V. Ring, it was a joke, no organization, no outline, nothing. So generic in what she talked about that noone could get a "to the point" answer out of her. And when her sidekick Elaine or whatever was one Ring would just start to say soemthing but then slide it to Elaine to finish it up.

I listened because I had to see if what she was telling NSA's on the phone was as much of a joke as what she said at the NNA convention.

jmho

Reply by 1stopnotary on 10/24/05 7:30am
Msg #72029

the sad thing....when she created those directories for the NNA conference, a big percentage of the phone numbers on the ad's were all wrong. She clearly /intentionally made errors so that we could NOT get any business and refused to fix it before going to press and refuse to refund back the $80. She wrote the wrong numbers down w/ my sister and with mine and yet our ad clearly showed the correct numbers when we submitted it to her. (we had copies of what was sent). before it went to press she sent out to everyone to make sure everything was ok..and we told them several times they mistyped our phone numbers. they claim they would fix it and never did and let it go to the press with wrong numbers. the sad thing, we were not hte only ones who had this issue with her. We are taking her to court ...she was suppose to be here in November for a coference..and the hearing was during the time she was here and suddenly she cancelled the conference saying htere wasnt enough people but it is our understanding about 300 were suppose to be attending. She is doing this for money and in myopnion may be scaming people w/ her stuff by making it look like she is the right person for this job she is doing....some may disagree with me...and I could be wrong, but I'm just saying this from my own observation.

Reply by Linda_in_MI on 10/24/05 12:05pm
Msg #72046

Disappointment with her appearance at the NNA Convention seems to be widespread. And as far as correcting contact information, I have files for as many as 6 weeks after the convention where one individual whose info was not correct or mixed up in the directory got special mention in the weekly newsletter. There has also been bad blood regarding the recent increase of fees as it relates to Life Memberships. Apparently Ms. Ring's definition of Life membership is different from a lot of other peoples definition.

I receive her newsletters, and what gets me is the snappy attitude that is conveyed in some of the responses to what are, IMHO, legimate questions or comments. I take what she says with a grain of salt. Also, what at first seemed to be a decent resource for individual notaries has now (again, JMO) blossomed into a push for bankruptcy processors. Notaries seem to be taking a back seat.

I just renewed my listing with 50 State before the rollout of new and improved directory but with my planned marketing push in the coming months if the ROI isn't there next year--and it hasn't yet--I won't be renewing.

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 10/26/05 9:57am
Msg #72391

I won't be renewing. Never got a hit from her site, never got a draft of my ad for the conference booklet, wrote emails and called and no response to either. And I have been emailing her for the last couple days asking a question since I paid the $14.99 for the 30 day trial of the teleconferences and wanted to know if she was posting the docs on her website which correspond with each teleconference since the one available now is only for the most recent conference. She responded back with, there are no documents, what documents are you talking about??? Whoops I used documents instead of the word forms. I was surprised she could not figure that out. So I rewrote the email a few days ago same language but used the word forms and just sent another and have yet to hear back.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.