Notary Rotary
A wise East Texas Notary once said...
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by BrendaTX on 10/3/05 11:21pm
Msg #68670

When you are using forums, you should ASSUME each post is meant in the best possible way.

In fact, this wisdom tumbled out of her mouth just tonight, and when she said the statement above, I had a MAJOR aha moment. Wow, is that good advice or what?

Now, take that and combine it with a tub full of soapy water with a wringer attached to its side. When the reader does not understand the above should be ASSUMED, well...that wringer's going to do some damage to the poster. It's just that simple.

Expressing my honest opinion and being forthright about what I think about recent suggestions here have got me hanging out at Walgreen's buying plenty of band aids to patch up some very tender places on my chest. Naw...not my heart. Heck no!

I've messed around and gotten my t--t stuck in a wringer...as we say here in Texas, and it's a bloody mess I am trying to bandage up. But, it's not the first time I have experienced a wringer's painful dysfunction ...it's happened for other reasons, and thank God it's not fatal. My t--t will heal. And, it's likely to happen again at some time.

You can betcha I've learned my lesson on saying what I think without making sure it's got plenty of sugar coating on it...or being perfectly precise...very accurate...and, folks, I promise you the next time I'll be more careful and I'll keep my t--t out of that somova-b-tchin' wringer's reach.

If anyone else is smarting from getting their t--t stuck in the same wringer, try ice.

In spite of it all...life keeps rolling on...so do those dang wringers...just keep your appendages clear!

And, to be honest, I had to dramatize just a little to make this worth writing. It's not all that bad. Actually, it's been quite entertaining to see all the negative responses to the inspiring thought and brainstorming that went on here today.

I say let no one wring out your t--ts and don't let anyone ever squash a vision. If you think you can make such a thing work, well...then you can.

Just because something has been tried and has failed has nothing to do with the future...I cannot commit to put all of my time into it but that does not mean it is not a very, very worthwhile cause. There is a way to make this work, but it will cost a little money. If people want it to work badly enough they will put their money into it and pay to put someone at the helm to guide it to fruition. This is the way non-profit organizations pull it off. They pay someone to head it up and make it happen. If notary professionals don't care enough to see it happen, then it won't.

And, no...I do NOT think this was generated by anyone thinking of themselves and how to feather their own nest.

Ouch...dang it, that wringer got me again! Smiley

====
Stay tuned! Next time, we'll discuss "mangles."

Now, there's something that'll put a scrawny little wringer roller to shame.

man·gle1 (măng'gəl)
tr.v., -gled, -gling, -gles.
To mutilate or disfigure by battering, hacking, cutting, or tearing. See synonyms at batter1.
To ruin or spoil through ineptitude or ignorance: mangle a speech.
[Middle English manglen, from Anglo-Norman mangler, frequentative of Old French mangoner, to cut to bits; possibly akin to mahaignier, to maim. See mayhem.]

man'gler n.
man·gle2 (măng'gəl)
n.
A machine for pressing fabrics by means of heated rollers.
Chiefly British. A clothes wringer.
tr.v., -gled, -gling, -gles.
To press with a mangle.

[Dutch mangel, from German, from Middle High German, diminutive of mange, mangonel, from Late Latin manganum, catapult. See mangonel.]

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/3/05 11:32pm
Msg #68673

B...a very nice, well-thought-out, and politically correct way to say...way to go.

(Am I wrong?)

No matter, all good thought and brainstorming is all-good, imo. It's the LACK of it that makes our lives hum-drum.

For me, I'd rather stick my neck out, with a bit of passion and the risk of being wrong, with the idea of a "good" that could ultimately come of it. The risk is worth the price, to me.

You're not out of this, girlfriend. You have too much experience to wriggle away. Tag, you're it. No wiggling, my friend. I, for one, won't let you. Smiley

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/3/05 11:34pm
Msg #68675

**For me, I'd rather stick my neck out, with a bit of passion and the risk of being wrong, with the idea of a "good" that could ultimately come of it. The risk is worth the price, to me.**

Yep...that's the point.

Reply by BrendaTX on 10/3/05 11:38pm
Msg #68677

And, another Texas notary wrote me and said...

***Hey...I have been doing some reading and learning a little about whats
going on...establishing a group for us...notaries for the notaries...and
think it is a wonderful idea. Would love to chat with you about this and
learn more.***

You have to wonder why these people don't post these themselves. Maybe they have wringer phobia? Darn, I wish I did.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/3/05 11:39pm
Msg #68679

Me too. N~M

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.