Notary Rotary
Acknowledgement
Notary Discussion History

Acknowledgement
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/14/05 9:21am
Msg #70453

Acknowledgement

I have a signing today and theres a doc that says This instrument was acknowledged before me on October 14, 2005 by of as

what goes in the blanks after by, of and as

Reply by Kevin Louderback on 10/14/05 9:59am
Msg #70463

After By would be the person(s) who are signing the docs. Is there more printed after the of and as statements?

Reply by yoyo on 10/14/05 10:13am
Msg #70470

Kevin,

There is nothing after by or after as. I have never seen this before.

Reply by Jon on 10/14/05 10:13am
Msg #70471

Hi, I'm in the car and need to know what this big round thing coming out of the dash is for and how do I use it??

Your question is so basic, I'd be embarrassed to post it even if I was anonymous! Please consider some basic training before trying to do notarizations of any kind!!! Your question is begging for a lawsuit.

I'd even say that the NNA would be good for you at this point.

WHAT DID I SAY?????? NNA???? This is worse than I thought!!!

Reply by Anonymous on 10/14/05 10:17am
Msg #70472

I asked a simple question. I thought Notary Rotary was a place to ask questions and no question is ever dumb. If you did not like what you read you should have not replied.

Reply by Jon on 10/14/05 10:33am
Msg #70476

I disagree, your question was something that common sense and knowing your state laws should have answered in a heartbeat. You have demonstrated that you are a notary only to be a signing agent. As such, you have put gaining knowledge about notarial issues on the back burner, instead of finding out all you can about being a notary so you can do a great job. You obviously knew your question was dumb or else you would have used your name.

Reply by Tennessee on 10/14/05 10:29am
Msg #70475

Respect, tact and diplomacy

The only "dumb" question is the one unasked.

A suggestion:

Perhaps YOU should take yourself a class in tact and diplomacy, a heavy dose of respect wouldn't hurt you in the slightest. Your "holier than thou" attitude puts a pimple on the profession.

A quote you should memorize: Be careful what you do to those you're passing on the way up because you'll surely pass them again on your way back down.

Reply by Jon on 10/14/05 10:42am
Msg #70479

Re: Respect, tact and diplomacy

I have no respect for someone so unconcerned about being a notary as to not take the required time to learn the most basic aspects of the job. This is one of the reasons that so many SS's and now TC's are requiring so much hand holding. It is people like the initial poster that drag this profession down.

Would you be comfortable refering your clients to the initial poster based on the question asked??? I know I wouldn't!

BTW, on my way down I'll be on the other side, never to see the person I passed on the way up. Of course, based on the question asked, this is a person I never passed, I was already so far ahead of them, I'll never see them at all.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/14/05 10:58am
Msg #70486

Re: Basic Notary 101

The original poster's question is something that should have been one of the first things they learned as a notary and not something they learn on a wing and a prayer while entrusted with probably the most important decision/papers Borrowers are dealt with in their lifetime. Until they learn the basic notary stuff, they have no business handling loan docs, and as a side note, I hope they are carrying MAXIMUM E&O coverage.

Reply by Signing_Doc on 10/14/05 11:39am
Msg #70495

Re: Acknowledgement to Jon

a very wise old man (not me), said..."May the words you say be soft and sweet, cause one day these words you'll have to eat"....or in other words what goes around comes around. To all posters, PLEASE watch what you say to ANY posters whether you think it is a dumb question or not. You know that not just NSA's are reading this board....we complain about SS and you KNOW they read these boards. If THIS is the impression that you give them, is it any reason that some of you are not getting the calls you want?! Of course this is only MY opinion, and I'm sure I'll be flamed by someone. Not MY problem. To the rest of you, a good year and...to quote Phil Esterhouse of Hills St Blues...."Let's be careful out there!"

Stuart...aka The Signing Doc Las Vegas NV

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/14/05 11:54am
Msg #70498

If you are so concerned with TCs and SSs reading the board, my suggestion to Anon is to call the SS to get an explanation of how to fill out the Acknowledgment.

Reply by Jon on 10/14/05 12:35pm
Msg #70511

If a SS doesn't want to use me because I expect notaries to actually know what they are doing, so be it, I probably wouldn't want to work for them anyway. I have never complained about a SS on this or any other board, and I have been around a long time. I have also never complained about not getting calls because it is not a problem.

I say what I think and will continue to do so. I do not use this board for advertising, and don't expect to get business from posting. I do get business from my profile, which is why it is there. This forum is to help others with LEGITIMATE questions, not basic ones that they missed because they were sleeping in the Get-Rich-Quick-Class.

Whatever happened to having pride in ones profession? Learning your trade before attempting to do it? Imagine a carpenter who decides to build a house, but hasn't learned to use a saw yet. A doctor who does surgery without knowing where to cut. For the life of my I can't understand the "I took a class so give me everything" mentality of the new posters to the board. Yes there are exceptions, but the majority are what I've described, which is why they post anonymously.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/14/05 12:56pm
Msg #70516

Re: Acknowledgement

Well everyone I called the SS and they took a while in getting back to me, but it turns out that I did not have to notarize this doc. He apologized stating that since the borrowers were from another state and they met me in my state that my state does not need this doc notarized plus wording was not up to my state's standards.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/14/05 2:48pm
Msg #70535

Re: Acknowledgement

You should have known right off the bat that the wording was incorrect and what to do in that instance. Oh and don't rely on the ss telling you what you should already know in Basic Notary 101. Many of them aren't Notaries Public and aren't up on notorial law. Even when you find one that is a notary they may be out of state and don't know your state specific laws.

In the future let us know what state you are in as many questions have state specific answers.

But the first thing you need to do is respect the responsibility you have in your commision and get out your handbook and study, study, study.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.