Notary Rotary
Advice for meeting with a TC for an interview
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Amy_CO on 10/31/05 2:20pm
Msg #73262

I have an interview of sortd with a title company to "present a loan." I am assuming they want to see how I present and my knowledge of the docs before hiring me. They are a local TC so I don't want to blow it. Ohter than knowing my docs inside out and presenting well, does anyone else have any advice. I have interviewed for plenty if jibs before but nothing like this.

Reply by Amy_CO on 10/31/05 2:21pm
Msg #73263

I meant jobs, while I have not interviewed for jibs before

Reply by Mike_WI on 10/31/05 2:32pm
Msg #73267

Re: I meant jobs, while I have not interviewed for jibs before

I don't have much advice, as these things tend to go lots of different ways, and sometimes it's tough to tell what your interviewer is like and how to adjust your presentation of yourself. Of course know your stuff, dress nice, and be yourself. You can put on any act you want during the interview but at the end of the day you end up still being you. Congrats on the interview and good luck. I personally think that working for local title companies is the best way to do business.

Reply by SarahBeth_CA on 10/31/05 2:33pm
Msg #73268

Re: I meant jobs, while I have not interviewed for jibs befo

Amy just be confident in your knowledge and don't go on an empty stomache. Treat them as you would any borrower, don't let the fact that it's a TC intimidate you. Girl your gonna do great.

Reply by Amy_CO on 10/31/05 2:36pm
Msg #73269

Thanks Mike and SarahBeth.

Reply by Mike_WI on 10/31/05 2:39pm
Msg #73270

I actually do have something else. Try to learn a little about the company before you go in. If you enter an interview and ask how long they have been in business and it's on the website that could look like you really didn't do any preperation for the interview at all. So if they have a website read it. Most these companies don't provide much info online, but you should still check. Once you find out some info come up with some good questions. Or situational questions about how they would respond if you called them and told them about certain situations that come up. You may want to come up something a little different than fat ladies wanting to pay you for sex, but make it something challenging. You of course know how you are going to respond, but how they will respond to your response is what you are looking for. You are interviewing them as much as they are interviewing you. You want to make sure they will be a good company to work for or with.

Reply by Amy_CO on 10/31/05 2:46pm
Msg #73274

LOL to the fat lady reference. I think that would seal the deal if I asked that Smiley Those are really good suggestions and I will definately remember that I am interviewing them as well. After some of the hassle I have had with SS as well as reading posts here about SA struggle with SOME SS, I would be glad to land some local work but not if they turn out to be duds like some of the SS out there.

Reply by Mike_WI on 10/31/05 3:12pm
Msg #73279

If they are a sketchy company, or maybe you just don't agree, don't be afraid to walk away. I primarily work for a local title company. With things slowing down for them I added back working for SS's, which has not been all that easy. Then I decided to try to get other local title companies to work for and am still looking at that. I had an interview with one a couple weeks back, they looked great, talked a good game and all, but once in the interview it was very apparent what they were looking for. They wanted closers to do Ameriquest loans, and they didn't want the borrowers backing out or not signing. At the end of the interview they were interested in me still, but I was not interested in them.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/31/05 6:29pm
Msg #73288

Amy, good luck! I'd suggest directing your background to the escrow officers perspective, NOT a signing service perspective. Be sympathetic to the role of the closing agents...their schedules (or lack thereof) their pressure to make it happen no matter what, and that...because you UNDERSTAND what they do, you're in a position to help by doing their signings.

Bottom line, there are lots of SA's who can "do" the job - but if you present yourself as likeable and understanding the craziness of being a busy EO at a title company... you'll make them WANT to hire you. Good luck again!

Reply by Charm_AL on 11/1/05 8:36am
Msg #73349

Good luck Amy! Dress well, be confident and leave business cards....oh...go lightly on the perfume! Smiley

Reply by PattyTX on 11/1/05 9:43am
Msg #73363

Best of luck! You'll be great!!!!

Reply by Scott_IN on 11/1/05 11:24am
Msg #73396

Great advice from Mike!

I agree with Mike, I've never interviewed with a Title Company, but I've had lots of other interviews. It is good to go into the interview with some knowledge of the company you want to work for. Helps keep you from asking a dumb question and can help you come up with some other important questions. Helps set you apart from others interviewing for the same job. Best of Luck!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.