Notary Rotary
Affidavit of Mortgage Loan Closer
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by hcampersFL on 10/26/05 12:45pm
Msg #72431

Anyone ever have this? I did a search but didn't come up with anything. I (Signing agent) am supposed to fill out my name etc. Then I sign and date but there is a notarization at the bottom and the BR are supposed to confirm. Weird.
Thanks Beverly

Reply by Art_MD on 10/26/05 12:53pm
Msg #72432

Was this a location affidavit? What info did you fill in?

Art

Reply by hcampersFL on 10/26/05 12:59pm
Msg #72436

I haven't filled in anything its for a closing tonight. I haven't been able to contact the SS so I'm trying to find out what to do. I can't very well notarize my own signature.
I'm not going to fill it out and leave the notarization blank.

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 10/26/05 1:08pm
Msg #72443

if you read towards the bottom of the paperwork it shoud say that if the closing is being performed by a notary signing agent/signing service that no notarization is required....

Reply by Claudia_NJ on 10/26/05 1:05pm
Msg #72441

I have had quite a few of these in my packages - it's just a confirmation that you witnessed the closing on x date for y borrowers. You are confirming this to the mortgage company.....

Reply by hcampersFL on 10/26/05 1:06pm
Msg #72442

But who is going to notarize it?

Reply by Nd_WA on 10/26/05 1:13pm
Msg #72446

Just sign your name on the closing agent line then put a sticky note to the notary section telling them it's not legal to notarize your own signature per your state's notary statute.

Is this a US Bank package?

Reply by Sandy_MD on 10/26/05 1:19pm
Msg #72449

I have had a few of these too, I just sign and date them and circle Notary

Reply by hcampersFL on 10/26/05 1:23pm
Msg #72450

Thanks to everyone!!

Thanks everyone. Claudia called me at home and told me how to do it. I guess I should have read further.
What a nice Lady to call me at EOM when I know she must be so busy. This is why I love being a member here!!!
Beverly

Reply by sue_pa on 10/26/05 8:12pm
Msg #72510

Read that affidavit carefully. It says that YOU the notary/signing agent/whatever have complied with Regulation Z, Section ???. subsection ???. Do you know what that says? I sure don't and I refuse to sign that form. Looking up federal regulations and then determining if I am in compliance is not part of what I do.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.