Notary Rotary
All American Escrow & Title on my NO NO list
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by MB_AZ on 10/11/05 4:09pm
Msg #69923

Still waiting for pmt from signing the first week of August. After 45 days I called and re-faxed the bill. Called again today and they said to re-fax the bill again. Any one else had a problem with this company?

Reply by Leslie_Mo on 10/12/05 12:01am
Msg #69981

They called me for a same day signing with e-docs. After calling many times and not reaching the borrower or an answering machine, I called the after hours number and asked if I really should make the trip (it was 25 minutes till the appt. and I had a 30 minute drive - to a questionable neighborhood). I was told to go anyway.

Arrived at the house and although all the lights were on and a car in the driveway, no one was home. Talked with neighbors and they confirmed I had the right house & the borrower was probably out for the rest of the evening. All American told me to leave and they would pay me a trip and print fee.

I faxed them an invoice as soon as I got home. Got a call the next morning wanting to know if the loan closed. Told them no and who I'd talked with the night before. Didn't hear anything for almost a week and then at EOM got an e-mail telling me to download docs. Next I started getting the Hud and other docs on my fax machine. I tried calling the company to ask what was going on but it was after hours and of course no one answered.

The next morning I got a call wanting to know if I completed the signing. I told her no that no one had called me to reschedule and I had been booked up anyway. She said she had called me to reschedule. I told her I hadn't received that call but I could go today. She said I would need to date the docs for the day before. Told her that's illegal and I wouldn't be doing that. She said if I wouldn't backdate then new docs would have to be drawn and the lender or title company wouldn't like that. I finally ended the conversation and just told her to call me when everything was straightened out.

I didn't hear back and figured I wouldn't be paid for the print and trip fee. Ended up getting paid 17 days after my trip to borrowers house.

Reply by Anonymous on 10/13/05 12:04am
Msg #70179

Yeah, they low ball sometimes to just "see" if they can get it lower with you. They used to be better but they have gotten worse since they had some type of restructure within. The ols scheduler was way better than this new one. They had asked me to backdate once and I told them no way. They used to get checks out really fast (14 days or less) and now the last ones I did for them took 44-61 days to get paid. And those are the ones that I didn't have to call about more than once, the others have taken forever and if YOU miss something, they will never just send the check out. Tested that one with them because I realized things were going down hill with them.

Here's a good one...loan was a purchase, had to collect a check...more than $5000 and paperclipped it to the docs in front of the loan officer. They get package and say the check isn't here. I say try again. Look in the docs, it's a cream color, should stick out like a sore thumb. Nope, not there. I said great, bet you the person opening it threw it away with the envelope then. Told them to keep looking and I'll see how I could attach it to the docs, in front of the LO, seal the package in front of the LO and then walk out and drop it on the way back home in the box for UPS to pick up....and NOT have the check in there.

They call back a few minutes later and say, we have the check. I said of course you do, I put it in there and that would not be a mistake I have ever made and ever will. They will make up things to try to pay you less is what I had heard someone else say on a board. Who knows.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.