Notary Rotary
Answering questions during a loan signing
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/26/05 11:04pm
Msg #72539

I know that I have to explain what the docs are, but I was always told that if they have any specific questions about their loan and what all the numbers mean to tell the borrowers to call their LO. Is that correct?

Reply by clarise_oh on 10/26/05 11:09pm
Msg #72540

If you can find the answer in the paperwork, you should do so.

Reply by Roger_OH on 10/26/05 11:30pm
Msg #72545

You can't attempt to interpret what the docs say to the borrowers. You can show them a number, but you won't have knowledge of why the figure is what it is - that's between them and their LO. I certainly wouldn't encourage them to call their LO for every little question while at the table; if it's something major, sure, but I generally emphasize that they have 3 days to pore over the docs, list their questions, and talk to their LO at their leisure during the RTC period. If they don't like what the LO says, then they have the ultimate veto by using their RTC.

Reply by sue_pa on 10/27/05 7:18am
Msg #72558

borrower's question - why am I getting $13,000 back when I was told $25,000? call to LO required.

borrower's question - if I die does the prepayment penalty kick in? your reply - is that going to be a determining factor in whether or not you take the loan or do you just want to know for future reference. If it's a determining factor call to LO required. If it's for their reference they can call LO after you leave.

post above about an escrow account is NOT a call that needs to be made to the LO because the answer is ini the paperwork right in front of you

Reply by Charm_AL on 10/27/05 8:05am
Msg #72576

I agree with Roger...n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.