Notary Rotary
Can I ask a few questions?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Jan Marshall on 10/27/05 9:00pm
Msg #72758

I've been really busy this month and I haven't found the answers to the following questions in my book that was given to me in the "Certified Loan Signing Class" booklet. I need to get clarification on these questions that I can't find in the booklet. Thanks, in advance for all your help.

* When someone wants to add someone to their title on their property is it just a quit claim deed or what do they need to have in order to do this? Is the person signing, just the person requesting the quit claim, the person listed as being the quit claimee, or both?

* Mr Smith is signing as power of attorney for Mrs. Brown on her Signature Affidavit, would you have Mr Jones sign it for her?

* If Mr Smith signs the Signature affidavit for Mrs. Brown whos name is entered in the Notary Journal?

Am I correct in saying that if there is an error on the loan documents, other than in the notorial act, would I have all/both borrowers give their initials in the striked-out errors and a note to the loan agent written near by?

*And a "right to cancel" exists on all types of loan docs right (involving property)? Is it true of all loan types?

Reply by Jan Marshall on 10/27/05 9:39pm
Msg #72768

Ok, I see all the past memos. I have all the answers previously asked and still can't find the answers to the following: (and before anyone gets snippy, I did order the manual on "everything you ever wanted to know about loan docs", but want to send this questionaire back tonight, my book might not come back for a week or so)

I'm still not sure how an Assignment Deed would be used?

Thanks for anyones sincere help.

Reply by CarolynCO on 10/27/05 9:43pm
Msg #72770

Not to split hairs, but in your first post you said you just needed clarification, and now you say it is a questionaire -- is that as in signing service test?

Reply by Jan Marshall on 10/27/05 9:46pm
Msg #72772

Yes, and I'm just being honest. Seems so many are snippy on this site,,,but others are really trying to help. I have all the answers, my husband is a CPA of many many years and the last question I'm stumped on is:

"Who is the Settler on a Trust Certification and in what case would this document be utilized?" I say it's pertaining to a Trust Deed, he says they are referring to the lender....( I know he has more of a degree than me, but I think he's wrong) what do you say?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.