Notary Rotary
Cant get in touch with borrower.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by Anonymous on 10/14/05 9:55pm
Msg #70618

I been calling this borrower and I have left 3 messages in his machine and he doesnt
respond. I called the SS and they told me to go and if he is not home that they only pay
a trip fee of 25.00

What should I do? I dont want to go for only 25.00
What would you do?

Thank you

Reply by BLE/MD on 10/14/05 9:57pm
Msg #70620

How far is it from you? If it's not far, hey its no less than $25.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 10/14/05 10:01pm
Msg #70623

Quite a few times I have not been able to get in touch with brw only to find out that they are trying up the phone line with the internet. If this were me, I would complete the assignment as agreed. Next time I would negotiate a better trip fee BEFORE I accepted the assignment, or not accept anymore assignments from that company, or decide to accept their fees.

Reply by Becca_FL on 10/14/05 10:07pm
Msg #70624

Call the SS and let them know you have called to confirm and give them the facts re: date, time, msg left. Ask for an alternate number to reach them. If you don't get an alternate number, go to plan "B". Let the SS know that you don't work for trip fees. If the SS won't send you a CO with your fee for a no-show borrower, let them know that they need to find another Notary.

I had this situation last week. Always remeber, COMMUNICATION is key. Keep in touch with your partner in the deal.

Reply by Blueink_CA on 10/14/05 10:43pm
Msg #70637

Becca, you are so right. I have had a problem reaching the borrower before, and the SS or TC is responsible. If they want the job done, they will come through.

Reply by TitleGalCA on 10/14/05 10:49pm
Msg #70640

Also agree 100% with Becca. N~M

Reply by Pamela J Montez on 10/15/05 8:54am
Msg #70665

I get really frustrated when I don't get the correct phone #. GRR! And then the bo is unlisted.
I had aclosing last week with the bo's WRONG phone #, and was told to go to the closing anyway. I live in "Cow Country USA", so finding houses isn't always easy. The docs stated, "Need copy of borrowers ID or this loan will not fund". Okay... I have no way to contact the borrower and tell him this, and in rural areas, not everyone has a copy machine or a scanner in their homes..as this was the case with this one. Oh yea.. I had called the SA about a zillion times to get a phone #, and told the SA PLEASE call the lo and tell them to have the bo call me". That didn't happen.
Called SA after I finally found the house, got docs signed and told SA no copy of Id in package. Of course, SA said, "Couldn't you take bo to get a copy of ID?" I told them it was NOT my place to run bo all over the countryside, as I had several more closings to do.
I have made the decision that if I cannot contact the bo prior to the signing, I'm not going. Forget the $25.00 trip fee... I'm going to be as professional as I can be.. even if the lenders can't be. I'm not going to show up on some doorstep and say "Hi.. let's sign some docs".
I did tell the SA if I can't have the correct phone # and have not heard from bo, I will not go. They were a little miffed, but my time is just as valuable as anyone elses.

Reply by LawrenceOK on 10/15/05 10:00am
Msg #70674

I wont do trip fees either. If the TC or SS wants me to go to the signing without confirming with the borrower, then they are going to pay full fees. More then once I have been told at the door "oh we cancelled" or "I was'nt ready to sign anything yet and I told the lender that"

Reply by Bonnie_FL on 10/15/05 10:33am
Msg #70680

Forget about trip fees. Had one I could not get in touch with a long time back (I was new at this in Florida). Signing was close to home, but negotiated a trip fee since no one could confirm appt (was told to go anyway). Foolishly I did, the BO was in the driveway unpacking groceries and YELLED at me when I pulled into her driveway!

I explained who I was and she said in a nasty voice she wanted me to leave that I had no right to even enter her property and that she was tired of that ++++ mortgage company jerking her around and she told them LAST WEEK she moved onto another company!

Went home, called the SS, explained I never left my car and guess what...they refused to pay me the trip fee since I ONLY made it into the driveway and NOT into the BO's house!!! Can you believe that! I asked to speak to her manager and guess what again, she was the owner of the business. Never worked for them again but they actually never called me again anyway! No loss to me! I did, however, send my invoices numerous times but gave up. Lost $25 but learned an even more valuable lesson. I won't go unless I can verify appointment because since then a few were canceled on the phone before I left my front door. Glad I didn't waste the time driving.

Reply by Mysti_FL on 10/16/05 8:51pm
Msg #70856

Trip Fees/E-docs Fee

I understand that I am to contact SS or TC WHILE I am at the borrower's home to then earn that trip fee. I would only agree to a CANCELLATION fee of $50 = $25 for the trip and $25 for the e-docs. This seems fair to me!

Mysti

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.