Notary Rotary
Changing the habit!
Notary Discussion History

Changing the habit!
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by BETH/MD on 10/31/05 11:27am
Msg #73216

Changing the habit!

So many of us, myself included, get exasperated with all of the anonymous postings. Then I realized, I post as BLE/MD (my initials and state)! Maybe it's time to change. I have been posting with my initials long before logging in was required. Still, how can I be exasperated with an anonymous poster when I'm not much better. I agree that a name and state are so much better. From now on, I'll practice what I preach. No more BLE, just call me Beth!

Reply by 1stopnotary on 10/31/05 12:23pm
Msg #73224

and I will start using my signature when I'm done posting too!!! thanks for the suggestions!

Dee, CNSA

Reply by CaliNotary on 10/31/05 12:44pm
Msg #73231

I think you guys are missing the point

By changing your name from your initials to your first name, you're still as anonymous to us as you ever were. It's not a problem if people don't want to reveal their true identities on the board. The problem with people posting as anonymous is that it's impossible to follow who posted what.

Both of you already were using distinctive screennames so it is easy to tell when you are responding to something. And that's really all we want, is that you have a unique identity on the board, not that we necessarily know who your true identity is.

Reply by Mike_WI on 10/31/05 12:46pm
Msg #73232

Posting as BETH/MD is no less anonymous that posting as BLE/MD. If you really want to not be anonymous link to your profile and have it filled out completely.

Reply by BETH/MD on 10/31/05 1:10pm
Msg #73236

Re: Changing the habit!.. Respone

I didn't change from BLE to Beth just to rid myself of initials. It was done to give a more personal, friendly approach to my posting as opposed to the initials. Beth is easier to remember than BLE. I personally don't want to link to my profile. My voice against "anonymous" is not just to lessen the confusion of the posts, but also to give it an easier flow of dialogue. That doesn't mean everyone would feel comfortable posting with their names. I'm sure there are those who use an alias to avoid their real names. For whatever the reason, that's their choice.

Reply by BETH/MD on 10/31/05 1:13pm
Msg #73237

Re: Changing the habit! Mike_WI

Why do you feel it necessary to have a poster's profile at your disposal? While some of us feel this is for them, it's not for me. My profile has nothing to do with posts on this board. My posts are what are important. Let's be honest, you're not as interested in "who posted what" as you are in seeing what "who posted what" is all about. What's your next request? Pictures for everyone?

Reply by Mike_WI on 10/31/05 1:24pm
Msg #73240

I don't feel it is necessary at all. And if you hadn't noticed it's not for me. I am simply saying that everyone that does not use their real name and link to their profile is anonymous. I have never been exasperated by an anonymous poster, so I really don't care what names people use. I do like that fact that even if people use an alias you can at least start to get a feel for what people are like. It even cracks me up more that people who post as anonymous think they have to do their post as anonymous when they could just create a user name like "Mike_WI".

Reply by BETH/MD on 10/31/05 1:54pm
Msg #73250

Mike, you said:

>"I do like that fact that even if people use an alias you can at least start to get a feel for what people are like."<

This is the exact reason I decided to stop using my initials and start using my name. It allows anyone to get a glimpse of what I am like and where my opinions could be coming from.

Alas, we're on the same page, Mike. Smiley

Reply by SoCal Signing Co. on 10/31/05 1:45pm
Msg #73242

Anon can be used for good reason, not all who post Anon are trying to just get a reaction here.

Those of you who frown on the Anon, maybe are not thinking of its good use.

I can think of reasons some may not want their name attached so some posts, it may affect future work.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.