Notary Rotary
Copy Machines
Notary Discussion History

Copy Machines
Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by LisaWI on 10/5/05 10:40am
Msg #68940

Copy Machines

I am looking for a copy machine, not to copy the whole loan package, but maybe one or two pages in the package, the RTC comes to mind. There are some programs out there that you cannot print just one page of the package. I plan on getting a second printer to be more efficient on printing, but think a copy machine would be handy also. Any suggestions on any make or model that would be inexpensive. I did find one, a Sharp AL-800, for $85. Im not too educated with copiers. Do they have to be PCL compliant?

Reply by Bonnie_CO on 10/5/05 10:47am
Msg #68943

I like the Canon PC150, the ink isn't expensive, it's small ++++You can take it with you, it folds up and has a carry handle in case the borrower doesn't have a copy of their ID and the lender requires it. It's lightweight and PORTABLE!!! Cost is $149.99 at Staples/Office Max, but it's sometimes on sale for 99.00

Reply by Lee_AR on 10/5/05 10:58am
Msg #68950

Apples, orangesd... and bananas

Maybe a scanner would suit your purposes...just another alternative; use current printer, no special ink cartridge to buy for the copier.

Reply by Joan_OH on 10/5/05 11:01am
Msg #68951

Go to Ebay and do a search on the HP 3330. You can probably get it for well under $200 and it will copy, shrink, enlarge etc. Plus it is a pcl 6 printer, fax, scanner. I paid $700 for mine 2.5 years ago. I use it as a backup now, but boy that auto feed copy function is great when the original file is scanned wrong and printing takes forever. Much quicker to copy @ 15 pages per minute.

If your main printer goes down, this WILL do the job until you can fix or replace the other one. I used it as my sole printer for almost 2 years without a single problem

Joan-OH

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/5/05 11:08am
Msg #68953

Ditto

I too have the 3330 (going on 5 years now) with no problems. It is a workhorse with slow to print documents. As one printer is printing, grabbing a handful of docs from the printer and feed through the ADF to make the copy. Works like a charm. BTW, my primary edoc printer is the HP Laserjet 1300 w/dual tray.

Reply by MB_AZ on 10/5/05 11:03am
Msg #68952

I've had my Sharp AL-800 for almost 4 years. I've had no problems and only had to change the toner once. It does letter and legal but it's a single sheet copier (not auto feed).

Reply by Anonymous on 10/5/05 11:51am
Msg #68962

Re: Copy Machines - Canon 2300N great !!! NM

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.