Notary Rotary
Correctional Facility Notary
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to October, 2005 Index

Posted by liz chavez on 10/3/05 6:37pm
Msg #68611

When notarizing for inmates, how can you secure your payment? Is there a State program you can get referrrals from.

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/3/05 7:35pm
Msg #68625

Q. When notarizing for inmates, how can you secure your payment?

A. Cash on the barrel head. If the inmate doesn't pay you, then someone (family) must. I do notarizations at our local county, state and the federal pen quite frequently. Payment is always the same. Cash on the barrel head. No exceptions. (Fee is always agreed to prior to the commitment.)

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/3/05 7:39pm
Msg #68626

I have done weddings at a correctional facility, and I get paid by the bride before the ceremony.

Reply by Ted_MI on 10/3/05 8:14pm
Msg #68635

Re: Sylvia - query

Hi Sylvia,

In these situations, I was just wondering - are the grooms ever going to get out?

Reply by PAW_Fl on 10/3/05 8:17pm
Msg #68636

They hope not! Smiley (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 10/3/05 8:18pm
Msg #68639

Most of the ones I have done the grooms were in for life - so I really didn't see the sense in them getting married - unless there are some welfare benefits for the bride. There are no conjugal visits in Florida, so that wasn't a consideration.

Reply by Ted_MI on 10/3/05 8:22pm
Msg #68642

Sylvia,

I was contemplating whether to ask an additional question about conjugal visits (but didn't), so thanks for volunteering that information.

Boy, your experiences are really stuff that programs like 20/20 and Dateline have presented !! (As I recollect)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.